Consumers are Paying $69 More Per Month on Gas Than in 2017, Says AAA
Thursday, June 14, 2018
AAA reports that gas expenses are accounting, on average, for seven percent of an American’s 2018 annual income, a 1.5 percent increase since the summer of 2017.
“Motorists may be spending more on gasoline this summer, but that won’t stop them from traveling. Summer is synonymous with road trips and vacations and we’re not going to see Americans giving up that pastime this year,” said Lloyd Albert, AAA Northeast Senior Vice President of Public and Government Affairs.
AAA Offers Tips
AAA offers these tips to improve your driving to get better gas mileage:
- Observe the speed limit. Not only is it safer, it can help you save money.
- Lose the weight. The heavier your car, the more fuel it uses.
- Accelerate gradually. Avoid jackrabbit starts.
- Drive during cooler parts of the day. Cooler, denser air can boost power and mileage.
- Maintain recommended tire pressure. Low pressure reduces fuel economy and can damage tires.
- MA Gas Pipeline Opposition Advocates Decry New Energy Front Group
- TankTheGasTax.Net PAC Endorses Rehl for State Representative
- Statewide Summit to Show Detailed MA Gas Pipeline Maps on Nov 15th
- Push For Natural Gas Expansion Heats Up In Central MA
- Worcester’s 10 Coolest People: Jennifer Gaskin, President of WCACA
- Maine Gov. Bashes MA “Liberals” for Not Supporting Gas Pipeline
- MA Gas Pipeline: Who Is For it and Who Is Against It
- MA Gas Tax Opponents Launch Video Campaign
- Proposed Gas Pipeline Project Sparking Controversy in Central MA
- MA Opponents Gaining Momentum in Gas Pipeline Battle
- Gaskin: Let’s Reflect on Our Commitments on MLK Day
- Gaskin: We Speak of ‘White Privilege’
- Patriots Gronkowski a Minority Owner of Vegas NHL Team
- EverPresent Teams With Gastonart & Frame to Bring Family Memories to Worcester
- Legalizing Marijuana is “Throwing Gasoline” on Addiction Fire, Says Former Congressman Kennedy
- Oakland Raiders to Move to Las Vegas
- VIDEO: 50+ Dead and 200+ Wounded at Mass Shooting at Las Vegas Concert Sunday Night UPDATED
- Cheat Sheet 49, FBI Files: Las Vegas Casinos, RI Corruption, Callei Murder, Bonded Vault
- Towns Battling Against Gas Pipeline Proposals in Central MA
- NHL Picks Las Vegas for League’s Next Expansion Team
- Gaskin: We Must Learn From the Past, and Discuss the Future
- NEW: Reports of Pressure Cooker Bomb Left at Gas Station on Grafton Street
- UPDATE: State Police Bomb Squad Removes Rice Cooker from Grafton St. Gas Station
- Cheat Sheet 14, FBI Files: IQ of 80, Dunes Hotel in Vegas and Howard Johnsons
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chandler St. Mobil Gas Station