MA Gas Prices Rise 6 Cents as Memorial Day Weekend Approaches
Thursday, May 24, 2018
AAA’s May 21 survey of prices in Massachusetts finds self-serve, regular unleaded averaging $2.87 per gallon.
The Massachusetts price is five cents below the national average for regular unleaded of $2.92.
A year ago at this time, the average price in Massachusetts was 59 cents lower at $2.28.
The range in prices in the latest AAA survey for unleaded regular is 36 cents, from a low of $2.69 to a high of $3.05.
Today’s local gas prices and their ranges are as follows:
Self Serve Grade
$2.87 ($2.69-$3.05) Regular Unleaded
$3.09 ($2.83-$3.39) Midgrade Unleaded
$3.27 ($2.95-$3.49) Premium Unleaded
$3.14 ($3.09-$3.19) Diesel
For the most up-to-date local gas prices go to AAA.com and click on Fuel Finder.
Memorial Day Travel
According to AAA, nearly 1.9 million New England residents are expected to travel, 1.7 million of them are expected to travel by car.
- NEW: Gas Prices Up Another Eight Cents
- NEW: Gas Prices Shoot Up 11 Cents
- NEW: Gas Prices Now Over $4 a Gallon
- NEW: Gas Prices Keep Above $4 a Gallon
- NEW: Mass. Gas Prices Up 8 Cents
- NEW: Gas Prices Leap Up Again
- NEW: Gas Prices Up a Penny
- If You Did Not Know It - Gas Prices Are Up
- RI Gas Prices Go Up One Cent
- NEW: Gas Prices Continue to Climb
- NEW: Gas Prices Down One Cent
- New: Mass. Gas Prices Up 24 Cents in One Month
- Ed Augustus: What’s Fueling High Gas Prices
- NEW: Mass Gas Prices Drop 7 Cents this Week
- NEW: Mass Gas Prices Drop Five Cents
- NEW: MA Gas Prices Up Another 4 Cents This Week
- NEW: MA Gas Prices Down 4 Cents
- NEW: MA Gas Prices Down A Penny
- NEW: Mass Gas Prices Dip Again
- NEW: Gas Prices Fall this Week in Massachusetts
- New: Gas Prices Down for First Time in 2012
- NEW: Obama Says He Gets ‘Challenge’ of High Gas Prices
- NEW: Gas Prices Up Again in Massachusetts
- NEW: Gas Prices Rise Again in Massachusetts
- NEW: MA Gas Prices Up 2 Cents From Last Week