ALPHA MALE: 3 Rules for Smart Phone Use
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Second, make sure you are aware of your volume while on the phone. Everyone knows the guy who is a little older, has lost a little bit of hearing, and seems to be yelling across the room when on the phone. Unfortunately, some people seem to believe that if they are having a difficult time hearing the person on the other end of the line, the fix is to raise their voice in response. This does not work. Be aware of your volume (others are aware of your volume). Make sure you aren't speaking above the crowd. If you need to speak above the crowd, you probably shouldn’t be on the phone.
Finally, it's important to know when to put the phone away. Not only are people making calls at inappropriate moments, people are now texting, emailing, Facebooking, Tweeting, and pinning all the time. If you’re in a meeting, at the dinner table, or talking to a friend, ignore the cell phone all together. Make sure the ringer is on silent. If you are expecting a call or need to take a call, ask permission from the people with you. Unless you are transporting a kidney or running a large company it is more likely that the call, text or email can wait.
- ALPHA MALE: 4 Things That Women Hate (That Guys Need to Stop Doing)
- ALPHA MALE: Accessorize Like a Man
- ALPHA MALE: Custom Bespoke Suits
- ALPHA MALE: Dressing Right for Temple + Church
- ALPHA MALE: Dressing Right for the Ballgame
- ALPHA MALE: Getting the Right Bathing Suit
- ALPHA MALE: Girly Things That Real Men Should Do
- ALPHA MALE: How to Dress Well (Without Dressing Up)
- ALPHA MALE: How to Shop for Sunglasses
- ALPHA MALE: Looking Good at the Gym