Welcome! Login | Register
 

Where Will You WOO?  Week of October 19, 2017—Where Will You WOO? Week of October 19,…

Newport Manners & Etiquette: Happy Doable Prenups, How to Toast & How to Dunk + Opioid Crisis—Newport Manners & Etiquette: Happy Doable Prenups, How…

15-Year-Old Boy on Bike in Critical Condition After Colliding With Car—15-Year-Old Boy on Bike in Critical Condition After…

MA Ranked Among Most Energy Efficient States in U.S.—MA Ranked Among Most Energy Efficient States in…

UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener—UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season…

Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener—Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener

Chef Walter’s Flavors + Knowledge: Balsamic Glazed Salmon—Chef Walter's Flavors + Knowledge: Balsamic Glazed Salmon

Worcester Man Arrested for Stealing a Car, Distributing Crystal Meth—Worcester Man Arrested for Stealing a Car, Distributing…

78’s Set to Bring Professional Basketball Back to Worcester—78's Set to Bring Professional Basketball Back to…

Becker’s MassDiGI Program to Receive 2017 Game Changer Award—Becker's MassDiGI Program to Receive 2017 Game Changer…

 
 

ALPHA MALE: Girly Things That Real Men Should Do

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

 

After reading this week’s article, some of our readers may reconsider our “Alpha Male” title. We are going to walk the line, and discuss three style activities that are commonly viewed as feminine across American culture. Namely, we want to take a closer look at the man who gets a manicure, massage, and gets creative with hair removal through waxing.

We’ve discussed manicures in the past, so we’ll be brief.

I can’t stress enough the importance of taking care of your hands. Nearly 90% of your body is covered in clothing; the remaining 10% is made up of your face, head, and hands. Its universally acceptable to take care of your head and face, most men shave several times a week and get haircuts monthly. Meanwhile, most men completely ignore their hands. When you think about it, much of life begins with your hands.

You shake hands to close business deals with clients…and even more important, skillfully use your hands to seal different deals after a hot date. A good manicure will keep your hands in the shape needed to close alpha deals.

Next, we’re going to tackle waxing.

Everyone knows a sasquatch – the guy who takes off his shirt at the pool, and reveals a wool sweater. Hair can be a true nuisance, and it can be unattractive. In those cases where a razor proves to be too little, waxing is a longer term, cleaner solution. Back hair, chest hair, and unibrows are all fair game for waxing. Look, we understand waxing isn’t the most masculine behavior, but it can be a lifesaver in the hairiest of situations.

Finally, there are many misconceptions around massages.

We aren't talking about the massages given in the locker room by a trainer or in a sketchy back alley parlor, we’re talking about the massage you buy your wife for her birthday. A licensed masseuse can help calm the most stressful lifestyle for a few hours. A good massage is as effective as four hours of REM sleep; if you’re close to that million dollar deal, a good massage helps feel the stress away. Find a good licensed masseuse, and set up a few appointments. You’ll feel relaxed, recharged, and rejuvenated!

Marc Streisand is president and owner of Marc Allen Fine Clothiers, and takes the custom clothing business very personally. Having enjoyed a successful career in the clothing industry since 1985, Marc brings his clients extensive specialized experience in menswear. Prior to taking over the Marc Allen store in March 2005, he cultivated his knowledge of luxury male attire in New York and his home state of New Jersey, where he began his vocation at Wallach's Specialty Stores. Nothing gives him greater pleasure, he says, than seeing raw cloth transformed into a custom outfit that can directly impact his customer's lifestyle.

 

Related Articles

 

Enjoy this post? Share it with others.

 

X

Stay Connected — Free
Daily Email