ALPHA MALE: How to Dress for Summer Semi-Formal Events
Thursday, June 21, 2012
If you want to approach semi-formal with an eye to style, you need to first consider the nature of the event. While semi-formal typically means a dark suit, a tie, and a muted button down shirt, a day-time event will permit different looks. For example, day-time wedding attire permits a lighter suit and more colorful tie, as a dark suit may come across as overly formal. Even at daytime events, avoid novelty ties. And let's be clear: a South Park tie or New England Patriots suspenders are never cool.
Marc Streisand is president and owner of Marc Allen Fine Clothiers, and takes the custom clothing business very personally. Having enjoyed a successful career in the clothing industry since 1985, Marc brings his clients extensive specialized experience in menswear. Prior to taking over the Marc Allen store in March 2005, he cultivated his knowledge of luxury male attire in New York and his home state of New Jersey, where he began his vocation at Wallach's Specialty Stores. Nothing gives him greater pleasure, he says, than seeing raw cloth transformed into a custom outfit that can directly impact his customer's lifestyle.
- ALPHA MALE: Dressing Right for the Ballgame
- ALPHA MALE: 3 Rules for Smart Phone Use
- ALPHA MALE: 4 Accessories You Need to Have
- ALPHA MALE: 4 Things That Women Hate (That Guys Need to Stop Doing)
- ALPHA MALE: Accessorize Like a Man
- ALPHA MALE: Custom Bespoke Suits
- ALPHA MALE: Dressing Right for Temple + Church