ALPHA MALE: Smart Packing for Summer Travel
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Do not attempt this at home
Plan, to succeed
When getting ready for a trip, it is important to pack with some basic methodology. Keeping in mind that most men live out of their suitcase (as opposed to arriving to the hotel and putting everything in drawers), the order in which you pack each item is important as is each item/s location in the suitcase. Additionally, it is important to protect your clothing – both so it doesn’t look bad for the trip and so it doesn’t get ruined. The seven steps below provide an outline of tips that will lead suitcase success.
1. Start by packing your shoes around the perimeter of your suitcase –it builds a layer of padding when the baggage handler tosses a 50 yard hail mary with your luggage.
2. Next, stuff your underwear in your shoes to save space.
3. Place the least important items on the bottom of the suitcase. These will have the greatest likelihood of getting wrinkled.
4. Roll your trousers to maximize space and minimize wrinkling.
5. Place dress shirts on top.
6. Pack all liquids and toiletries in a plastic bag. A leak in a bottle of cologne will ruin any well packed suitcase.
7. Wear or carry sports coats and jackets. When packed, they take up too much room and are bound to wrinkle.
Bonus tip: Make sure to pack a laundry bag for the trip home. A quick lesson in clothing hygiene: 50% dirty clothes + 50% clean clothes = 100% dirty clothes. Make sure that all dirty clothes are properly tucked away in a laundry bag, isolated from the clean clothing.
- ALPHA MALE: Custom Bespoke Suits
- ALPHA MALE: Dressing Right for Temple + Church
- ALPHA MALE: Dressing Right for the Ballgame
- ALPHA MALE: Getting the Right Bathing Suit
- ALPHA MALE: 3 Rules for Smart Phone Use
- ALPHA MALE: 4 Things That Women Hate (That Guys Need to Stop Doing)
- ALPHA MALE: Accessorize Like a Man