MA Beauty Expert: Five Fall Beauty Appointments You Need
Saturday, September 05, 2015
Get a professional color to get rid of the summer "greens" and dryness caused by too much sun, surf, and chlorine. Ask for the top colorist and determine which formulation and hue is best suited for you. Finish off with a precision cut for super-shiny and chic hair. Salon Mosaic is staffed with expert colorists and stylists waiting to book your appointment. South County Commons, South Kingstown
Autumn shows up first at the nail salons. And stand-alone nail emporiums are on the firing line of the latest techniques. They've had all the hot colors for weeks now and will direct you to fall's spot-on trends. You'll also hear about the newest long-lasting gel manicures that are now speedy to apply and no sweat taking off, which means you don't need another appointment just for removal. Check out NK Nails in North Kingstown for hip, fast, clean nail care.
Nothing feels better than a massaging facial and after summer our skin is crying out for TLC. Sloughing, steaming, and moisturizing will do your sun-weary skin wonders. Jahmeir Skincare Studio treats your skin the way it presents itself on the day of the appointment. In other words, your care will be personalized and geared toward your concerns and you will be handled discreetly and professionally. Skin will come alive just in time for fall's sweater days. Warwick
Confused about all the new colors? I know. Me too. There are so many releases each season, it's hard to keep up (are smokey eyes still in?). That's why you should cut through the chase (and hype) with a real makeup artist. Book an appointment for a new face and tutorial with the latest in eye shadows, lipsticks, and blushers. Check out emerging foundation formulations and get honest advice from the source. Department stores are booking their crackerjack New York artists now for special boutique days. Or duck into Sephora at Garden City and ask for the in-house makeup artist. You gotta start somewhere.
This is where you'll get the most bang for your buck and a fall-ready brow line too. Threaders and waxers have trained eyes and in just minutes, you'll be set up with the precise shape that looks best on you. Most salons offer waxing but for perfect threading cheap and fast, check out Sukhy's in Warwick. No appointment necessary. In and out. Pawtucket and Johnston
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com, where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
Related Slideshow: 10 Beauty Salons in Central MA for Your Weekend Prep
70 Worcester-Providence Tpke., Millbury, MA
A trip to Orange Salon in Millbury means you will receive a complimentary signature scalp massage, specific hair and scalp treatment, hand and arm massage, and makeup touch up with every beauty service.
Photo: Orange Salon
376 Chandler St., Worcester, MA
Shi-Shi's is Worcester's "first multi-textural salon" specializing in a "Make Me Over" chemical texturizing service. They also offer an acai deep conditioning masque and a Brazillian blowout smoothing treatment to tame any type of hair.
- MA Beauty Expert: She’s Come Undone – The Messy Look
- MA Beauty Expert: Shop for Your Perfect Special Occasion Dress
- MA Beauty Expert: Soft Focus Spring – Pretty New Colors
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Concealment – New Skin Cover-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring Trendspotting – Five Surprising Musts
- MA Beauty Expert: Choosing a New Spring Raincoat
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring’s New Palette
- MA Beauty Insider: Poetic Ballet Style
- 10 Beauty Salons in Central MA for Your Weekend Prep
- MA Beauty Expert: Super Bowl style – is There Such a Thing?
- MA Beauty Expert: Ageless Beauty in Winter – It Is Possible
- Beauty Insider: Mother’s Day Gifts - Palettes to Make Mom Pretty
- MA Beauty Expert: Universal Flatterers – Make-up Magic or Hype?
- MA Beauty Expert: Midsummer Style
- MA Beauty Expert: Styling a Lace Skirt
- MA Beauty Expert: Lavender Love
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Blushing - Creamy Color for Summer’s End
- MA Beauty Expert: Campus Style for Grown-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer S.O.S.
- MA Beauty Expert: Cool Summer Beauty Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: Chic Styling – Getting White Right
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer Espadrilles
- MA Beauty Expert: Stylish Father’s Day Gifts
- MA Beauty Expert: Bold Red Lips