MA Beauty Expert: Lavender Love
Sunday, August 02, 2015
For soft perfumed skin, try Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub. This non-abrasive exfoliator will slough off dead skin cells and reveal a glowing and subtlety perfumed you. Slip into your favorite cooling nightgown and drop off into a blissful slumber.
Fragrant Tub Time
Also in the spa-at-home genre, is Himilayan Bath Salt in lavender. This grainy salt melts in the tub and creates a consoling lavender aura. Use tepid water and it will detoxify and relax you on hot humid nights when you are prostrate from summer heat.
Delicate Hand Care
L'Occitane en Provence's Lavender Hand Cream is light-textured and enriching with softening shea butter. Slather it on for gently perfumed hands both children and husbands will love to kiss.
Not for lasting hold, Solar Recovery Save Your Hair is a spray tinged with lavender and perfect for beach days when you want to control summer frizzies. Use it daily as a gentle leave-in conditioner and the scent of calming lavender will waft about you all day long.
For true luxury, Crabtree and Evelyn Lavender Body Cream delivers deep hydration with a liberal dose of lavender oil. This one's creamy and concentrated, so just a little indulgence will do. The jar will look posy-pretty on your dresser too.
For local lavender flavor, Rhode Island is home to Brumaire Organic Lavender and Hay Farm where fresh lavender flowers can be purchased to perfume your home.
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com, where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
Related Slideshow: 10 Beauty Salons in Central MA for Your Weekend Prep
70 Worcester-Providence Tpke., Millbury, MA
A trip to Orange Salon in Millbury means you will receive a complimentary signature scalp massage, specific hair and scalp treatment, hand and arm massage, and makeup touch up with every beauty service.
Photo: Orange Salon
376 Chandler St., Worcester, MA
Shi-Shi's is Worcester's "first multi-textural salon" specializing in a "Make Me Over" chemical texturizing service. They also offer an acai deep conditioning masque and a Brazillian blowout smoothing treatment to tame any type of hair.
- MA Beauty Expert: Super Bowl style – is There Such a Thing?
- MA Beauty Insider: Poetic Ballet Style
- MA Beauty Expert: Ageless Beauty in Winter – It Is Possible
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring’s New Palette
- MA Beauty Expert: Choosing a New Spring Raincoat
- MA Beauty Insider: The New Hybrids – Perfecting Foundations
- MA Beauty Insider: Change of Season Fragrances – Your New Fall Perfume
- MA Beauty Insider: Nautical Chic - The Breton T-shirt
- MA Beauty Insider: Get Naked – Nude Makeup for Late Summer Days
- MA Beauty Insider: School Girl Style for Grown-Ups
- MA Beauty Insider: Fall’s Best Trends
- MA Beauty Expert: Shop for Your Perfect Special Occasion Dress
- MA Beauty Expert: She’s Come Undone – The Messy Look
- MA Beauty Expert: Stylish Father’s Day Gifts
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer Espadrilles
- MA Beauty Expert: Cool Summer Beauty Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer S.O.S.
- MA Beauty Expert: Styling a Lace Skirt
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit
- MA Beauty Expert: Chic Styling – Getting White Right
- MA Beauty Expert: Soft Focus Spring – Pretty New Colors
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Concealment – New Skin Cover-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring Trendspotting – Five Surprising Musts
- MA Beauty Expert: Universal Flatterers – Make-up Magic or Hype?
- MA Beauty Expert: Midsummer Style