MA Beauty Expert: Midsummer Style
Sunday, July 26, 2015
A Tisket, A Tasket
There is no better time to finally find the perfect rattan handbag. Totes, as well as more structured bags are available at trendy mall stores and in
beachwear haunts near the sea. Reminiscent of a cherished hand basket, they truly define easy-going summer style. A Summer Place has a collection of charming models embellished with ribbons and sea motifs and lined with luxe fabrics with drawstrings. Watch Hill
Brilliant mixes of torrid colors like fuchsia and orange make these tropical shades summery and go-with-everything chic. Try a brazen fruit-punch hue that stops just short of electric. Sally Hanson Nail Color in Flame gives a happy Maraschino cherry effect that looks great with flip-flops and office peep-toes alike. If not now, when? CVS
Midsummer Night and Day Lounging
Don't discount the versatility of scarves in warm weather as they are terrific summer helpers. Wear them as headbands and let the tails flutter off in the sea breeze. Knot the ends of a large square and slip into it as you would a cardigan for an easy cover-up in frigid air conditioning, or fashion a sexy halter top. Look for bright fiesta colors in silk chiffon for breathtaking ease and glamour. Green Ink, Wickford
For extra-sultry days, select a perfume infusion where the scent is beguiling but not overpowering and sickly. These types of fragrances are perfect for summer because they are elusive - every time you think you detect it, it drifts off into another lacy dimension. Prada has several new delicate and understated infusions that are just barely audible - like rustling leaves and whispering pines on joyful sunny days. Nordstrom
The point is, don't get caught up in life's constant push forward. Savor these carefree midsummer days and live in the moment. Personal style is a special way to immerse yourself in the season. And remember....next winter when you're pulling on snow boots, you're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back.
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com, where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
Related Slideshow: 10 Beauty Salons in Central MA for Your Weekend Prep
70 Worcester-Providence Tpke., Millbury, MA
A trip to Orange Salon in Millbury means you will receive a complimentary signature scalp massage, specific hair and scalp treatment, hand and arm massage, and makeup touch up with every beauty service.
Photo: Orange Salon
376 Chandler St., Worcester, MA
Shi-Shi's is Worcester's "first multi-textural salon" specializing in a "Make Me Over" chemical texturizing service. They also offer an acai deep conditioning masque and a Brazillian blowout smoothing treatment to tame any type of hair.
- MA Beauty Insider: Poetic Ballet Style
- MA Beauty Insider: The New Hybrids – Perfecting Foundations
- MA Beauty Expert: Super Bowl style – is There Such a Thing?
- MA Beauty Expert: Ageless Beauty in Winter – It Is Possible
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring’s New Palette
- MA Beauty Insider: Change of Season Fragrances – Your New Fall Perfume
- MA Beauty Insider: Fall’s Best Trends
- MA Beauty Insider: Yoga for Beauty
- MA Beauty Insider: Nautical Chic - The Breton T-shirt
- MA Beauty Insider: Get Naked – Nude Makeup for Late Summer Days
- MA Beauty Insider: School Girl Style for Grown-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Choosing a New Spring Raincoat
- MA Beauty Expert: Shop for Your Perfect Special Occasion Dress
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer Espadrilles
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit
- MA Beauty Expert: Stylish Father’s Day Gifts
- MA Beauty Expert: Cool Summer Beauty Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer S.O.S.
- MA Beauty Expert: Chic Styling – Getting White Right
- MA Beauty Expert: Universal Flatterers – Make-up Magic or Hype?
- MA Beauty Expert: She’s Come Undone – The Messy Look
- MA Beauty Expert: Soft Focus Spring – Pretty New Colors
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Concealment – New Skin Cover-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring Trendspotting – Five Surprising Musts
- MA Beauty Expert: Styling a Lace Skirt