MA Beauty Expert: Snow Day Chic
Sunday, January 10, 2016
As soon as the morning news feed says “no school”, shower. Surprise the family by showing up for pancakes with lipstick and clean hair. It will make you feel more in control for a day that can sometimes be wacky since everyone is out of their normal routine. If you can’t shower, keep a dry shampoo on hand. Suave Professional Dry Shampoo contains keratin to absorb oil and it smells great. CVS
If your household equates snow days with pajama days, put on a clean set. Right now, sleepwear is marked down everywhere. Coordinating pants and tops are easy to find at your favorite department stores. Look for cozy flannel plaid bottoms in bright colors with solid matching longsleeve tops.
At Home Glam
For a more sophisticated look, designer Josie Natori’s modal pajama sets are chic and comfortable. Characterized by simple clean lines but also with fetching lace trims, if that’s your style. Perfect for lounging with the kids or playing board games in the family room.
For the more circumspect who prefer a less laidback look, true loungewear is especially luxurious. Seek out velour drawstring pants to pair with soft tunics and sweaters. For firstclass decadence, scour shops and catalogs for cashmere lounge sets on sale now. Soma.com
Soft and Snug
Forget the robe and wear a cushy wool or cashmere cardi over your snow day ensemble.. A pretty neutral in cream or taupe looks luxe and goes with everything. TJ Maxx and Marshalls
It’s more important than ever to have warm feet on snow days. Steal some loose wool socks from him for cozy comfort. Slippers are great when lined in faux shearling and have nonskid soles for that second cup of coffee run across the kitchen hardwoods. Kohl’s
Snow days are terrific for catching up on sleep or picking up that novel you didn’t have time to read during the holidays. They are also great for making memories your family will longremember. Do it with panache and style. Enjoy every furloughed minute.. Who can resist?
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com, where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
- MA Beauty Expert: Styling a Lace Skirt
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer S.O.S.
- MA Beauty Expert: Midsummer Style
- MA Beauty Expert: Lavender Love
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Blushing - Creamy Color for Summer’s End
- MA Beauty Expert: Cool Summer Beauty Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: Stylish Father’s Day Gifts
- MA Beauty Expert: Universal Flatterers – Make-up Magic or Hype?
- MA Beauty Expert: Chic Styling – Getting White Right
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer Espadrilles
- MA Beauty Expert: Campus Style for Grown-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Bold Red Lips
- MA Beauty Expert: Mysterious Pearls & How to Wear Them
- MA Beauty Expert: Your Shapewear Handbook - What to Wear Under That Party Dress
- MA Beauty Expert: Where to Jumpstart your Holiday Beauty & Style Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Pack an Evening Bag
- MA Beauty Expert: New Sparkling Hair Accessories
- MA Beauty Expert: What to Wear to Your High School Reunion
- MA Beauty Expert: Fall’s Booty Call Finding Your Cold Weather Dream Boots
- MA Beauty Expert: Five Fall Beauty Appointments You Need
- MA Beauty Expert: The Return of the Dressing Gown
- MA Beauty Expert: Show Some Leg - The Return of Hosiery
- MA Beauty Expert: Taking It All Off - Five New Makeup Removers
- MA Beauty Expert: New Year’s Style Resolutions