MA Beauty Expert: Taking It All Off - Five New Makeup Removers
Sunday, September 27, 2015
Melt it Off
Bliss Fabulous Makeup Melt - this innovative cleanser performs like a gel but transforms to a lightweight cleansing oil that leaves skin balanced after rinsing. It’s formulated with a spa blend of seven essential oils including lavender and sage. It does all the work and literally melts the makeup. Nordstrom
Shisedo Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover - the current spate of long-lasting lipsticks seem like mortar to get off and no one likes to go to bed with smudgy clown lips. Shisedo’s formula swipes it all off and leaves lips, eyes, skin totally naked. And happy. Sephora
Maybelline New York Flash Clean Express makeup remover is quick as a wink. One cotton ball, one swig, two eyes loaded with waterproof mascara - gone, baby gone. What’s really special is that it deep cleans too and leaves skin soft and ready for sleep. Walgreens
Tart It Up
Tarte Fresh Eyes wipes have a yummy citrus scent that is truly refreshing after a long night partying. It may have taken a few minutes to get that cat eye liner on but one of these generous wipes takes it off in seconds flat. No tarts on the walk of shame tonight. Ulta
Caudalie Cleansing Water performs as a makeup remover as well as a skin toner. The verdant scent recalls lemons and mint and feels soothing and natural. It’s almost hard to believe that something so innocuously fresh can cut through heavy makeup. But it does. Beautifully. Sephora
Makeup is lots of fun but removing it can be a real drag. These innovative products make it so easy you can practically do it in your sleep. Don’t worry - you’ll get to bed soon - right after you get your skin clean and pillow-ready.
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com, where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
Related Slideshow: 10 Beauty Salons in Central MA for Your Weekend Prep
70 Worcester-Providence Tpke., Millbury, MA
A trip to Orange Salon in Millbury means you will receive a complimentary signature scalp massage, specific hair and scalp treatment, hand and arm massage, and makeup touch up with every beauty service.
Photo: Orange Salon
376 Chandler St., Worcester, MA
Shi-Shi's is Worcester's "first multi-textural salon" specializing in a "Make Me Over" chemical texturizing service. They also offer an acai deep conditioning masque and a Brazillian blowout smoothing treatment to tame any type of hair.
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring Trendspotting – Five Surprising Musts
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Concealment – New Skin Cover-Ups
- Beauty Insider: Mother’s Day Gifts - Palettes to Make Mom Pretty
- MA Beauty Expert: Universal Flatterers – Make-up Magic or Hype?
- MA Beauty Expert: Chic Styling – Getting White Right
- MA Beauty Expert: Soft Focus Spring – Pretty New Colors
- MA Beauty Expert: She’s Come Undone – The Messy Look
- MA Beauty Expert: Ageless Beauty in Winter – It Is Possible
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring’s New Palette
- MA Beauty Expert: Choosing a New Spring Raincoat
- MA Beauty Expert: Shop for Your Perfect Special Occasion Dress
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer Espadrilles
- MA Beauty Expert: Campus Style for Grown-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Blushing - Creamy Color for Summer’s End
- MA Beauty Expert: Bold Red Lips
- MA Beauty Expert: Five Fall Beauty Appointments You Need
- MA Beauty Expert: The Return of the Dressing Gown
- MA Beauty Expert: Lavender Love
- MA Beauty Expert: Midsummer Style
- MA Beauty Expert: Stylish Father’s Day Gifts
- MA Beauty Expert: Cool Summer Beauty Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer S.O.S.
- MA Beauty Expert: Styling a Lace Skirt
- MA Beauty Expert: Show Some Leg - The Return of Hosiery