MA Beauty Expert: Where to Jumpstart your Holiday Beauty & Style Shopping
Sunday, November 29, 2015
This tidy place carries lots of indie natural beauty lines but we especially love it as a source for the pretty and elusive Jane Iredale brand of makeup and makeup tools. She’ll love a slim signature compact of trendy eye colors.
Do you know what a ruana is yet? If you buy one, you’ll never want a winter without it. This cashmere lovely wasn’t invented by Sara Campbell but has become their specialty. A ruana is an asymmetrical swath of softness worn over blouses and t-shirts. Warm, gorgeous, and affordable. Put it on your list and add one for you.
Give her a star. At least one in the form of Ari fragrance by Ariana Grande. The eau de parfum spray of this lush scent comes in a cut crystal prism bottle that looks like a twinkling star. The limited edition set comes with the crystal atomizer, a mini perfume, and body lotion.
Find fetching gifts at this classic yet current shop. Their Bella Beaded Clutch is glam and perfect for New Year’s Eve. For coziness, check out the Fur Pouf Hat which she’ll appreciate until March. Stylish warmth is always a welcome gift.
For unique and charming gifts this “floral and more” shop has creative and unusual jewelry. Pick up a lovely beaded bracelet for your BFF to match her favorite sweater. Have it complimentary gift wrapped to make things really easy.
A veritable treasure trove, this boutique will put a holiday spell on you. Don’t be surprised if you walk out with a few things for yourself. But make sure your stash includes Yosi Samra leopard flats for Mom. There’s nothing more comfortable than shoes that fold up!
If you know she’s wanted a sonic cleansing brush forever, now Clinique has one. Swiss engineering in a soft whirring brush at an affordable price. Clinique Sonic Cleansing system comes with tried-and-true Clinique skincare too. This set will make her smile wide.
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com, where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
Related Slideshow: 10 Beauty Salons in Central MA for Your Weekend Prep
70 Worcester-Providence Tpke., Millbury, MA
A trip to Orange Salon in Millbury means you will receive a complimentary signature scalp massage, specific hair and scalp treatment, hand and arm massage, and makeup touch up with every beauty service.
Photo: Orange Salon
376 Chandler St., Worcester, MA
Shi-Shi's is Worcester's "first multi-textural salon" specializing in a "Make Me Over" chemical texturizing service. They also offer an acai deep conditioning masque and a Brazillian blowout smoothing treatment to tame any type of hair.
- MA Beauty Expert: Stylish Father’s Day Gifts
- MA Beauty Expert: Cool Summer Beauty Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer S.O.S.
- MA Beauty Expert: Chic Styling – Getting White Right
- MA Beauty Expert: Universal Flatterers – Make-up Magic or Hype?
- MA Beauty Expert: Soft Focus Spring – Pretty New Colors
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Concealment – New Skin Cover-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring Trendspotting – Five Surprising Musts
- Beauty Insider: Mother’s Day Gifts - Palettes to Make Mom Pretty
- MA Beauty Expert: Styling a Lace Skirt
- MA Beauty Expert: Midsummer Style
- MA Beauty Expert: Taking It All Off - Five New Makeup Removers
- MA Beauty Expert: Show Some Leg - The Return of Hosiery
- MA Beauty Expert: Fall’s Booty Call Finding Your Cold Weather Dream Boots
- MA Beauty Expert: What to Wear to Your High School Reunion
- MA Beauty Expert: Your Shapewear Handbook - What to Wear Under That Party Dress
- MA Beauty Expert: The Return of the Dressing Gown
- MA Beauty Expert: Five Fall Beauty Appointments You Need
- MA Beauty Expert: Lavender Love
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Blushing - Creamy Color for Summer’s End
- MA Beauty Expert: Campus Style for Grown-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer Espadrilles
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit
- MA Beauty Expert: Bold Red Lips
- MA Beauty Expert: Mysterious Pearls & How to Wear Them