The LOOK: Full Hair + How to Get It
Monday, October 08, 2012
On the runways for the fall and winter looks we've seen lots and lots of volume already. It makes perfect sense... when wearing layers and scarves and jackets, it's always complimentary to wear your hair full as to offset the bulky look that comes with layering. Here are some sure-fire tips to achieving and keeping your fullness all day long.
1. Lift your roots
Utilize the best root lifters as a foundation is step number one. Brands I love are Tonucia by Rene Furterer, IT&LY root lifter, Ojon thikening spray, and my all-time fave--Rene Furterer Volumea Mousse Amplifiante.
2. Blow upside down
When you blow dry, do it upside down and really work that root. Or, you can round-brush everything up to the sky. Either way is going to pump up your volume.
3. Two words: hot rollers
Nothing says fullness all day than a good set hot rollers! When done, brush through with wide tooth comb or finger through.
4. Early pony
Another great tip is to put in low, loose pony before your workday, or that weekend event, and then right before you get where you're going, release it. Behold sassy fullness!
- The LOOK: 3 Looks for This Summer
- The LOOK: 3 Steps to Summer Style
- The LOOK: 3 Ways to Make People Think You Have a Personal Stylist
- The LOOK: Blonde Is Beautiful
- The LOOK: Day Looks Into Night
- The LOOK: Fabulous Hair With or Without Electricity
- The LOOK: Fall Colors For Your Hair
- The LOOK: Full Hair + How to Get It