slides: 10 Realities Every Business Needs to Know About the State of Media in 2017
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Over the past couple of months a number of major studies have been released and they show that consumer behavior may be transforming faster than previously thought. The studies released are from Pew Research, Mary Meeker's Internet Trend Report, and Borrell Associates (primarily a newspaper consulting group), and Sprout Social, a social media measurement firm.
SEE SLIDES BELOW
Meeker joined Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in December 2010 and each year she releases the most critical study of the state of the internet. Prior to KPCB, she headed research at Morgan Stanley.
Business Insider's Henry Blodget recently offered his perspective.
"I still feel that we’re still in the early years of what digital will ultimately become. What has happened to print over the past 10 to 20 years will happen to television over the next 10 to 20. That will create a big opportunity for big digital brands to make inroads. Not to kill anybody — nobody ever gets killed in the media business, they just get niche-ified. But all this change should create opportunities for some companies to get much larger than some companies currently think," said Blodget in a recent interview with Harvard's Nieman Journalism Lab.
10 Realities Every Business Needs to Know About the State of Media in 2017
- Gov. Baker Calls Announces Media Campaign to End Opioid Addiction
- New England Media Changes Hitting Worcester Radio, Boston Globe and WEEI v Sports Hub
- New Report on Media Outlines “7 Trends in Old and New Media”
- Female Suspect in California Shooting Pledged Allegiance to ISIS on Social Media
- Local Media Still Battle for Transparency with Worcester Police Chief Gemme
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Dr. Julie Frechette: Digital Media Era Needs Transparency from Police
- Racism and the Power of the Media Highlight Vibrant Discussion in Worcester
- New Local Media Worcester Sun to Launch on Sunday
- Horowitz: Social Media is Increasingly a Go To News Source
- Cheat Sheet 5, FBI Files Unveils His Girl Friend, the Media is to Blame and JP Morgan
- Communicators Club to Host Networking Event Jan. 12 on Social Media
- 5 Reasons Why 2016 May Be the Most Chaotic Year Ever in Media
- Clifford: Mainstream Media on Syria and Russia; “Fake News”
- Gawker Media Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Pagano Media Wins International Davey Awards
- College Admissions: Using Social Media During Admissions Process
- Horowitz: Trump & Clinton Voters Live in Different Media Worlds
- Horowitz: Social Media Continues Growth as a News Source
- Actor & Comedian Garry Shandling Dies at 66
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: The Texter—My Boyfriend the Media Addict
- The Presidential Candidates Social Media Weight - See the Numbers