video: 3 Former Energy Secretaries Endorse Baker’s Hydropower Legislation
Thursday, March 24, 2016
“Hydro power was a major centerpiece of the Greenhouse Gas Plan that we signed off on in 2010 and Governor Patrick began pushing for and I really commend Governor Baker and his team for continuing to make a big push," said Bowles.
“The policy is right and it’s balanced and it makes sense. It makes sense from an environmental point of view. As Ian indicated, this was always part of the Global Warming Solutions Act and the steps Massachusetts was going to take to meet the most aggressive goals in the country," added Sullivan.
Finally, Vallely-Bartlett added, “the Baker Administration has moved forward very comfortably, very strongly on having a combination of energy resources to bring economic stability to our energy crisis as well as meet the goals of the Global Warming Solutions Act.”
These announcements followed a State House meeting between Governor Baker, current Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs Matthew Beaton and his predecessors.
“It speaks to the importance of this topic and how it transcends politics and it is the right thing for the Commonwealth to move forward," said Beaton.
See the Announcement in the Video Below.
- Giorgio: Governor Baker & the Opiod Crisis
- Gov. Baker Calls Announces Media Campaign to End Opioid Addiction
- Baker Awards Millions to Two Worcester Projects
- Governor Baker No on Syrian Refugees, McGovern Yes
- Governor Baker Announces Legislation to Expand Charter Schools
- Baker and Polito to Tour Community Harvest Project in Grafton
- Photos: An Exclusive Look Inside the Famous Widoff’s Bakery in Worcester
- Senators Chandler and Moore Join Legislature in Override of Baker’s Vetoes
- Baker Wants More Charter Schools While State Owes Millions to School Districts
- Gov. Baker Files New Substance Use Legislation, MA Medical Society Has Concerns
- Owners of Widoff’s Bakery Building Reveal Plans for Retail and Office Space
- Gov. Baker Signs 5 Bills into Law in Support of Veterans & First Responders
- Gov. Baker Declares Friday, Nov. 27 “Green Friday”
- Baker Names Michael Case Chair of Holyoke Soldier’s Home
- Gov. Baker Files for $200 Million in Transportation Funds for Cities and Towns
- Gov. Baker Joins Group of 17 Governors to Promote Clean Energy
- Baker Speaks About Importance of New Opioid Legislation
- Gov. Baker Releases Statement in Support of Obama’s Opioid Abuse Proposal
- Baker Introduces Budget that Includes 4.3% Increase in Local Aid
- Gov. Baker Proposes 72 Hour Hold for Opioid Patients in Emergency Departments
- Nursing Home Advocates Deliver Petition for a Living Wage to Gov. Baker’s Office
- Baker, Polito Pay Tribute to Martin Luther King Jr.
- Governor Charlie Baker Delivers First State of the Commonwealth Address
- Gov. Baker Receives Support for Hydropower Legislation