Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Massport Needs a Rewards Program
Thursday, September 12, 2013
I know JetBlue will do whatever they need to do to market these flights, but we (Massport) really need to rebrand ORH to get the message out on all the positive developments at ORH. Some of the things we have discussed here:
- Make the terminal a destination. T1 at ORH like T4 at JFK.
- Hire a spokesperson to convey the latest positive developments at ORH.
Today I want to look no further then JetBlue and their Badges Program. The bottom line with this program is that you earn points if you support JetBlue by either promoting their company through social media, fly with their airline or do business with their partners. From what I have read, it has been wildly successful.
Here are my stats:
- William R ranks 1232
- 20,347 points, of which 1,400 have been earned through badges
- Level 3
For a solution, look no further than the row27 FanMaker program. Currently used by more than 70 universities, professional sports teams, entertainment events, and clothing brands, FanMaker would allow ORH to reward travelers for each way they interact with the airport.
According to Jason Cole, CEO of row27, “FanMaker is a comprehensive loyalty program that incentivizes and rewards every interaction a customer has with a brand, including social media engagement, ticket purchases, sponsor and partner interaction, and a host of other activities. The program would boost the visibility of ORH within the state and region, as well as provide additional incentive to fly JetBlue out of the airport.”
Massport in turn could work with JetBlue whereby you can exchange these points for TrueBlue points. If it was a good idea for JetBlue, it would be a good idea for Massport too.
Bill Randell is the President of Advantage Benefits, an insurance brokerage house specializing in employee benefits with an emphasis on health insurance, based in Worcester since 1992. He can be contacted at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter (@FlyORH).
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A Young Flyer Wants To Earn JetBlue Points
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Should We Buy JetBlue Points?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Bring Allegiant Back to Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Needs Right Now
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Fly JetBlue From Worcester To Bogotá?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Your JetBlue “To Do” List
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: It’s Time To Rebrand ORH
- FlyORH: The JetBlue Inspiration For Worcester’s Airport
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Points Don’t Expire
- FlyORH: Worcester Civic Leader Juan Gomez on JetBlue + Puerto Rico
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Prices At ORH On Target
- NEW: FlyORH Launches JetBlue Poster Contest
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue’s New TrueBlue Badge
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A JetBlue TrueBlue Member Speaks His Mind
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Let’s Get Professional With Worcester’s T1