Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Let’s Get Professional With Worcester’s T1
Thursday, June 06, 2013
JetBlue’s terminal at JFK, T5, is also state of the art with free Wi-Fi, 24 food and beverage outlets with 27 retail stores. Total cost for T5 was $800 million in 2008 when it opened. JetBlue even has a live concert series, called Live from T5. Stars like Taylor Swift (watch it here) and others including Phillip Phillips have played in T5. T4 and T5 are not just places to fly in and out of but to shop, eat and be entertained.
Over the past six months, T1 (Worcester’s terminal) has had two events. In December Children’s Smile Coalition ran Soarin with Soarin. To get some idea of the crowds, watch this video that Airport Director Andy Davis made, (click here). Worcester Vegfest followed up in April with another huge crowd. For an airport that is supposedly hundred of miles from anywhere and at a terminal nobody can find, how were these events packed with people ?
The answer is these two were great events! People will find great events wherever they are, just like they are going to find JetBlue starting November 7th. These two events did a lot to help market ORH. It brought a lot of people back to an airport. The airport needs to continue events and start Live from T1.
Maybe not $800 million or $1.4 billion, but how about a tenant for the one restaurant slot, Dunkin Donuts? Imagine saying I will meet at T1’s Dunkin.
It would be a start.
- Bill Randell: JetBlue + Putting ORH On The Map
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Bill Randell: ObamaCare will Increase Mass. Insurance Costs
- NEW: FlyORH Launches JetBlue Poster Contest
- UPDATE: Hundreds Turn Out at ORH for JetBlue Arrival
- Gov. Patrick Goes to Ballet and Snubs JetBlue CEO
- In Case You Missed It: JetBlue Comes To Worcester
- JetBlue Lands in Worcester
- Leading Investment Publication Questions JetBlue to Worcester
- NEW: GoLocalWorcester Contributor Wins JetBlue Video Contest
- NEW: GoLocalWorcester’s Jennifer Roy Stars in Latest JetBlue Ad
- NEW: JetBlue CEO Barger: “Worcester Feels Very JetBlue”
- NEW: JetBlue CEO Visiting Worcester in August
- NEW: JetBlue Hopes To Make Decision on Worcester Before End of Year
- NEW: Worcester Secures JetBlue Deal
- SLIDESHOW: JetBlue Comes to Worcester
- What Do You Think of the City’s Video to JetBlue?
- Worcester Calls For JetBlue in Videos
- Worcester Residents Beg for JetBlue in Videos