Chamber of Commerce Launches Professional Development Series for College Interns
Monday, June 22, 2015
The six week program will begin on July 8 and will look to help local college interns with a focus on integrity, professionalism, communication, team playing, work ethic and critical thinking.
“We know that one surefire way to hone those skills is by making sure that college students participate in at least one internship program during their four years,” said Tim Murray, president and CEO, Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce, which helps students find internships. “Hire Ed will provide the next level for students.”
Companies involved with the program include Webster Five, Seven Hills, Unum, ten24, UMass Memorial and National Grid.
Murray adds, “The number one priority for our Chamber member businesses is workforce development and pipeline. The exceptional talent graduating from our local colleges and universities is a huge asset to the business community, and we want to make sure that these graduates are even more marketable to area employers.”
“Quality-of-life enhancement is so important in our efforts to strengthen the young professional community here in Worcester, and we’re very excited to be able to work with the Chamber to highlight great spots in the city where students and young professionals can go to build their social networks,” stated Joshua Croke, one of Action! Worcester's founders.
Hire Ed is a free program and will run on Wednesdays from 3 to 5 PM. Interns will hear straight from hiring directors and HR recruiters as to what they look from prospective job candidates.
- Chamber of Commerce Announces Reception for StartUp Worcester Winners
- Chamber of Commerce Launches Interactive Map to Promote Economic Development
- Chamber of Commerce Announces Worcester Business Award Winners
- PowerPlayer: Tim Murray, President and CEO of Worcester Chamber of Commerce
- Auburn Chamber of Commerce to Sponsor Town-Wide Clean-Up Day
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Supports Extension of Transportation Bill
- Tim Murray’s Worcester Chamber of Commerce Gets Aggressive
- Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce to Present Sunrise Seminar
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Gets Chance To Reinvent Under Murray
- WPI President to Speak at Worcester’s Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NEW: Worcester Chamber of Commerce President to Retire
- NEW: Auburn Chamber of Commerce to Offer $13K in Scholarships