Chamber’s Breakfast Club to Honor Worcester Colleges, Veterans
Wednesday, September 02, 2015
Veterans, Inc. will also be honored for its 25th Anniversary and the Worcester Community Action Council on its 50th Anniversary. Karen Laganelli, the new CEO of Notre Dame Health Care will also be honored.
Chamber president and CEO, Tim Murray stated about the event, “The Breakfast Club is one of the Chamber’s signature events and we are pleased to recognize these fine organizations and to welcome these two distinguished veterans as our speakers. We will ‘salute’ additional veterans at the event and encourage everyone who can make it to also attend.”
The event will feature two speakers, Vietnam War veteran and Medal of Honor recipient Thomas Kelley and World War II veteran Richard Gates.
Kelley, a College of the Holy Cross alumnus, served as a lieutenant commander in the River Assault Division of the US Navy during the Vietnam War. According to the Chamber, Kelley was directing troop extraction and combat operations adjacent to a patrolled waterway when he was severely wounded by enemy aggressor forces in an ambush of their position. He disregarded his significant injuries and led his column crew and craft to silence the ambush and lead all to safety.
In recognition of the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, Worcester native and retired Marine Richard Gates, will talk about his experience in the battle of Iwo Jima.
“Commerce Bank is pleased to join the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce in honoring our veterans at the September 10 Breakfast Club,” said Commerce Bank President and CEO Brian Thompson. “Mr. Kelley and Mr. Gates truly exemplify the heroism of all those who have served their country and fought to preserve the freedoms that we hold dear."
Chief greeter Troy Siebels, executive director of the Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts, will emcee the event.
The event will take place on Thursday, September 10. Attendance at the event is $35 for Chamber members and $55 for non-members. Tables of 10 are available at $325. Registration is available online at www.worcesterchamber.org or by calling the Chamber at 508.753.2924. The deadline to reserve space is Friday, September 4, 2015.
- WPI President to Speak at Worcester’s Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Chamber of Commerce Launches Interactive Map to Promote Economic Development
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce to Host Central Mass. Business Expo
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce to Host Job Fair on April 9
- Chambers of Commerce Team Up to Show Off New Cell Site at Wachusett Mountain
- Chamber of Commerce Announces Worcester Business Award Winners
- Chamber of Commerce to Host Meeting to Address Needs of Worcester’s Main Street
- Chamber of Commerce Launches Professional Development Series for College Interns
- Chamber of Commerce Announces Reception for StartUp Worcester Winners
- Sales Tax Holiday Supported by Worcester’s Chamber of Commerce
- PowerPlayer: Tim Murray, President and CEO of Worcester Chamber of Commerce
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Supports Extension of Transportation Bill
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce Fills Two Key Positions