Clark Alum McNamara to Receive Principles Responsible Management Education Award
Monday, May 14, 2018
The award recognizes an individual for responsible leadership, ethics, social responsibility, and sustainability
McNamara will receive the award on Saturday, May 19, during Clark’s reunion weekend.
McNamara is the co-founder and CEO of Freight Farms, Inc., a Boston-based startup that modifies shipping containers for creating agriculture year-round.
The company’s flagship product, the Leafy Green Machine (LGM), is a complete hydroponic growing facility built inside a 40-ft shipping container that enables businesses to grow a high-volume of fresh produce in any environment regardless of the climate. McNamara founded the company in 2010 while a student at Clark; to date, Freight Farms has sold LGMs to individuals and companies in 36 states and 12 countries, and 20 college campuses.
Prior to founding Freight Farms, McNamara was the founder & CEO of Impakt Marketing Solutions, INC., a firm focused on sales driven marketing programs for large consumer packaged goods customers including Anheuser Busch, InBev USA and Converse.
McNamara earned a dual M.B.A. and M.S. in Environmental Science and Policy from GSOM in 2013. He earned his B.S. in communication studies from Northeastern University in 2003.
- Clark U Awarded $620,000 Grant from Mellon Foundation
- MERGE for Equality to Host Healthy Men & Boys Summit on June 15 at Clark U
- Clark University to Host Lecture Focusing on Immigration Law
- Clark U Launches School of Professional Studies
- Clark U to Host Discussion on the History of Atlantic Slave Trade
- Clark U. to Host Screening of Domingo Guyton’s “Footprints in the Concrete”
- Clark University and Councilman King Celebrate Youth Worker Training Institute 2016 Graduation
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Clark U to Present Igor Stravinsky’s “A Soldier’s Tale”
- Clark U to Host Lecture on Syrian Refugee Crisis & U.S. Policy in Middle East
- Clark U to Host Its First Opioid Summit on Dec. 6
- Harvard Sociologist Desmond to Speak at Clark University
- Clark U. Makes Kiplinger’s List for Best College Values in 2017
- Woman Nearly Robbed in Clark University Parking Garage
- Cartoonists Sturm & Brown to Give Lecture at Clark University
- Clark U. to Host Film Screening & Discussion of “Farewell to Factory Towns?”
- Clark U. to Host Lecture on Theater & the Role of Women in Society
- Tom Petty Biographer Warren Zanes to Host Talk at Clark University
- MA State Auditor Bump to Speak at Clark University
- Clark U. to Host Lecture on Holocaust History and Survivor Testimony
- Author Rick Moody to Discuss Newest Novel “Hotels of North America” at Clark U.
- Clark University Recognizes Two For Service to Worcester Community