Clark U Launches School of Professional Studies
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
“We live in a knowledge-based society where technological development is eliminating low-skill jobs, but creating new, more rewarding positions that also require more education. Data on the return on investment in education and advanced training show a clear earnings differential between an educated workforce over those with less education and fewer skills,” said Associate Dean John Chetro-Szivos.
The school seeks to build upon the practical, effective education that was available from the College of Professional and Continuing Education.
The SPS programs are designed for mid-career professionals and international students. The program offers graduate programs in public administration, professional communication and information technology.
“At the School of Professional Studies, the emphasis is on professional. We have recruited top-quality faculty that provide a balance between advanced academic achievement and the practical, real-world knowledge that comes from working in the field you’re teaching,” said Chetro-Szivos.
Related Slideshow: Highest Paid Central MA College Presidents - 2016 Report
- Clark University Ranked as Top 20 Entrepreneurial University in Country
- Clark University to Break Ground on Alumni and Student Center
- Clark University to Host Robert Moses as Part of President’s Lecture Series
- Clark University Launches Gluten-Free Dining Station
- Former Clark U. President Bassett Honored by Worcester Education Collaborative
- Clark University to Hold Book and Author Dinner
- Clark University to Hold First Annual Week of Happiness
- Clark University Discussion to Feature Best-Selling Author Bohjalian
- Clark University Poll Finds Millennials Love Being Parents
- Sex, Politics, and Putin: Clark University Professor’s New Book
- Clark University to Host MLK Day Discussion Panel
- Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
- “Moral Injuries of War” Lecture to be Held at Clark U.
- Clark University and Councilman King Celebrate Youth Worker Training Institute 2016 Graduation
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Clark U. to Host Screening of Domingo Guyton’s “Footprints in the Concrete”
- MERGE for Equality to Host Healthy Men & Boys Summit on June 15 at Clark U
- Clark U Awarded $620,000 Grant from Mellon Foundation
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.
- Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
- Clark U. Professor Ross to Host Lecture on The Horrors of Sweatshops
- Clark University Buildings Being Heated by Waste Vegetable Oil
- Clark U. Professor Guides Parents of Gay/Lesbian Children in New Book
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- Clark University to Host Lecture Focusing on Immigration Law