Clark U. Professor Ross to Host Lecture on The Horrors of Sweatshops
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Ross will talk about the conditions of the global apparel business, where profits are outweighing the livelihood of workers.
The event is free and open to the public.
Professor Ross has conducted research on the resurgence of sweatshops in the global apparel industry since the 1990s. Ross' book "Slaves to Fashion: Poverty and the Abuse in the New Sweatshop" shines a light on the unseen horrors faced by the apparel industry workers, both in the United States and abroad.
Ross helped establish Clark University's undergraduate program in Urban Development and Social Change.
Clark University was founded in 1887 in Worcester, Massachusetts and is a liberal arts based research university addressing social and human imperatives on a global scale.
- Sex, Politics, and Putin: Clark University Professor’s New Book
- Grown-Up Millennials Are Closely Connected to Parents Says Clark Poll
- Clark’s Professor Hanson Honored for Creativity in Geography
- Clark and WPI Pay 5 Times More to Worcester than Holy Cross and UMass Medical
- Lenny Clarke and Steve Sweeney to Headline Comedy Fest in Worcester
- Clark Geographer Receives Prestigious Residency in Italy
- Pulitzer-Winning Poet Laureate Trethewey to Speak at Clark
- Clark’s Grad School Named a Top Business School by Princeton Review
- Former Federal Official to Give Lecture at Clark
- Clark Geographer/Professor Awarded National Science Foundation Grant
- Clark Geographer Inducted into American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Clark University to Host MLK Day Discussion Panel
- Clark University to Hold First Annual Week of Happiness
- Clark University Launches Gluten-Free Dining Station
- Clark University to Host Robert Moses as Part of President’s Lecture Series
- Former Clark U. President Bassett Honored by Worcester Education Collaborative
- Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
- “Moral Injuries of War” Lecture to be Held at Clark U.
- Clark Names Climate Expert Carr New Department Director
- Clark University Ranked as Top 20 Entrepreneurial University in Country
- Clark University to Hold Book and Author Dinner
- Clark University to Break Ground on Alumni and Student Center
- Clark Names Jeffrey Gillooly as the Vice President for University Advancement
- Worcester’s Dawn Clark To Be Honored As an Unsung Heroine
- Clark Explores the Relationship Between Worcester’s U.S. and Foreign Born Residents