Dunkin’ No? Donuts — The Company is Looking a Lot More Like McDonald’s
Monday, January 08, 2018
It is hard to keep up with all the new edicts coming out of Dunkin’ corporate headquarters and if you can keep track you must be an analyst at some consulting.
The conglomerate has tested in California dropping the word “Donut” from the name. No final word on name shortening. Consultants must be analyzing the data.
The once small New England chain is big, brawny and global…and getting more so every day.
The corporate giant who is now owned by a massive food conglomerate is slashing its menu and will be transforming the company. The news pouring out of the headquarters in Canton, Massachusetts is coming fast and furious — consumers in Worcester, Pawtucket or Tel Aviv should all get ready.
Big Menu Changes
Remember when Dunkin’ added lots of sandwiches to try and capture the lunch and afternoon crowd? Well, lots of those additions are going away and so are a number of breakfast sandwiches.
By the end of March, the company says the following are gone:
Turkey Cheddar Bacon Sandwich
Ham & Cheddar Sandwich
Tuna Salad Sandwich
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Big N’ Toasted Breakfast Sandwich
Angus Steak & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Strawberry Banana and Tropical Mango Smoothies
Peach, Caramel, and Mocha flavor shots (unsweetened shots, as opposed to Dunkin’s iconic favor swirls)
Some optional muffin, bagel and cream cheese selections (a list leaked last summer shed light on which specific varieties could be eliminated)
The company is not saying the sandwiches are poor sellers, but Dunkin’ Donuts is claiming that the reduced menu will result in “faster, more accurate service and a more consistent consumer experience from store to store.”
Confused? Don't be. Always trust the business consultant.
We will have to wait until the corporate guys get the latest debriefing from the corporate consultants to lets us know if we can ever have a flatbread again.
- NEW: Dunkin’ Donuts Offers Free Coffee to Sox Fans with Mobile App
- Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Coffee Day Raises $160K+ for Hasbro Children’s
- NEW: Free Lunch at Dunkin’ Donuts This Friday
- Dunkin’ Donuts Tops List for ‘Most Significant’ Chain Restaurant in Massachusetts
- Dunkin’ Donuts Unveils “Croissant Donut”
- Worcester Man Arrested for Threatening Dunkin’ Donuts Employees With Knife
- National Police Union: Dunkin’ Donuts Not Socially Responsible
- SNL: Casey Affleck Stars in the Perfect Dunkin’ Donuts Commercial