EcoTarium Announces Two New Exhibits
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
EcoTarium President Joseph Cox revealed the launch of the $9.1 million third century campaign.
“This campaign investment represents the museum’s largest capital investment in almost 20 years, with two new major exhibits planned that will create innovative learning environments both indoors and outdoors," said Josephy Cox, EcoTarium president.
The two new exhibits are:
· City Science is a first-of-its-kind exhibit where visitors will engage in a comprehensive investigation of urban science, from city animals and neighborhoods, to engineering infrastructure, to larger questions of how we design cities and how they impact our lives.
This dramatic 2,500-square-foot exhibit is funded in part by the National Science Foundation (NSF). Anticipated opening date is December 2016.
· Wild Cat Station brings mountain lions and other native New England species to the EcoTarium in a spectacular outdoor exhibit. Located at the end of the Wildlife Path, it will transform a large parcel of land, including the former polar bear exhibit, into a strong anchor destination for guests on the EcoTarium campus. Anticipated opening 2018.
For more information on the EcoTarium, click here.
- Summer Full of Fun Planned at Worcester’s EcoTarium
- New: EcoTarium to Host A Night at The Museum
- EcoTarium Receives $244,290 Grant for Electrical Grid Connection
- Catch Free Fun Friday at EcoTarium With Your WOO Card
- EcoTarium Announces Half Price September
- EcoTarium Rolls Out Summer Adventure Lineup
- Worcester’s EcoTarium to Host Casino For Kids Next Month
- EcoTarium Hosts Arm Fart Competition to Celebrate Gross Bodies
- Joseph Cox Named New President of EcoTarium
- NEW: EcoTarium Offering Children Chance to Explore Animal Habitats
- NEW: DinoTracks Exhibit Offers Blast from the Past at EcoTarium
- NEW: Worcester Chamber to Host Business After Hours at EcoTarium
- Innovative City Science Exhibit Planned for Worcester’s EcoTarium
- EcoTarium To Host the Great Pumpkin Fest
- Mom Can-Do’s: Run! Jump! Fly-days! at the EcoTarium and More!
- See the Great Pumpkin Fest at the Ecotarium with Your Woo Card
- 150 Foot High Eye-Sore at Ecotarium Has City Council Outraged
- Augustus Comes to Agreement on Ecotarium Cell Tower Site
- Worcester EcoTarium Tree Canopy Walkway to Open on June 24
- Walk Atop the Trees at EcoTarium with Your WOO Card
- Leading in Central MA: Joe Cox, President of the EcoTarium
- DON’T MISS: EcoTarium’s Night at the Museum May 17th
- National Grid Donates $25K to EcoTarium for City Science Exhibit
- Worcester’s EcoTarium Receives National Award for School Readiness Program
- Worcester Public Schools Science Fair Next Week at Ecotarium