FlyORH: JetBlue Service Report Card
Thursday, December 05, 2013
- Estimating the loads are between 80-85%
- Fort Lauderdale is doing better then Orlando
- Four flight cancellations due to fog that were able land in Boston
- There have been some mechanical problems with the Embraer 190 (100 seats)
- Extra Space seats do not sell
If I were to grade the first month, I would give it an A-. Of course, I wish the planes were 100% full and JetBlue were bringing in their larger Airbus planes with 150 seats, which has lower prices and is more reliable, but I would say that this has been a very good first month. Going from three flights per week to daily flights is a huge difference, and to have the flights at these loads the very first month when there was no service at all? That is pretty good.
We can complain that the advertisements are as not pervasive as I would like, but the best way to attract passengers to ORH is word of mouth from people from satisfied customers. Overall, the input I have gotten and seen is that JetBlue out of Worcester has been awesome. Even people who were diverted (including my brother-in-law) were happy with the service. My only real complaint is that when outbound flights are diverted the day before their flight, Massport should provide transportation like JetBlue has done when service is diverted the same day of flight.
Finally, people I think (or hope), understand that popular dates like vacations, spring break, etc. are very limited when you only have a 100 tickets per day to Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. If someone thinks they will get a good price right now for Spring Break, it is not going to happen. You are better off looking at other airports. If you want to get good prices for these dates, you need to book early!
The biggest surprise is that it seems Fort Lauderdale has been consistently selling better then Orlando. Fort Lauderdale brings you to not only Fort Lauderdale but Boca, Miami, and West Palm, but I saw Orlando being huge for families. We need to come up with better family packages, discounts on flights for 5 passengers or more, or how about a small play area in the waiting area to increase Orlando traffic?
Lastly, it drives me crazy every time I drive by the Goddard Memorial outside on Goddard Drive. Let’s get that inside the terminal and get it the attention that it deserves. Going forward, here are my predictions:
- Loads increase
- More Florida destinations from JetBlue
- Allegiant Airlines taking a closer look to come back
- Spirit will consider flights to Myrtle Beach
Bill Randell is the President of Advantage Benefits, an insurance brokerage house specializing in employee benefits with an emphasis on health insurance, based in Worcester since 1992. He can be contacted at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter (@FlyORH).
Related Slideshow: Highest Paid Teachers in Central MA
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A Young Flyer Wants To Earn JetBlue Points
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Should We Buy JetBlue Points?
- FlyORH: JetBlue’s 50-Flight Milestone at Worcester Regional Airport
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Bring Allegiant Back to Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Needs Right Now
- FlyORH: November 7 Is JetBlue Go Time
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Fly JetBlue From Worcester To Bogotá?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Your JetBlue “To Do” List
- FlyORH: Spotlight Worcester’s Attractions In Our Airport
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: It’s Time To Rebrand ORH
- FlyORH’s People On The Ground: Thrifty’s Ed Bresnahan
- FlyORH: The JetBlue Inspiration For Worcester’s Airport
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Points Don’t Expire
- FlyORH: Before Worcester Airport Access Road, Let’s Fix The Signs
- FlyORH: The Secret to JetBlue Staying in Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Prices At ORH On Target
- FlyORH: First JetBlue Flight Out of Worcester
- FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Can Learn From Arnold Palmer
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue’s New TrueBlue Badge
- FlyORH: JetBlue Arrives At Worcester Regional Airport
- FlyORH: Worcester Civic Leader Juan Gomez on JetBlue + Puerto Rico
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A JetBlue TrueBlue Member Speaks His Mind
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Massport Needs a Rewards Program
- FlyORH: JetBlue Service Report Card
- FlyORH: Worcester’s Airport Needs To Provide Ground Transportation