FlyORH: The Secret to JetBlue Staying in Worcester
Thursday, October 03, 2013
FlyORH column has been saying pretty much the same thing, which really is no big revelation. It is Business 101. If JetBlue makes money on their Orlando and Fort Lauderdale out of Worcester starting November 7, they will add either more flights or destinations. The future of ORH depends on these two routes and it is up to the people of Central Massachusetts and beyond to make this happen.
There are no more excuses.
We have the right airline (JetBlue) with competitive prices and the right owner (Massport). Why do I say Massport is the right owner? The City of Worcester neither had the money that needed to be invested into ORH, especially Category III landing equipment, nor had the influence to convince JetBlue to initiate service here.
Now and later
What can you do right now, today, to support JetBlue:
- Join JetBlue frequent flier program, TrueBlue
- Review JetBlue AmEx card promotion
- Book a flight out of Worcester for your Florida trip.
- Follow FlyORH on Twitter for the latest developments.
- Like Worcester Airport on Facebook
Now for some predictions:
- JetBlue will be successful with these two routes
- Do not see a New York or DC route in the immediate future
- The addition of a Florida Gulf Coast or San Juan destination more likely
- Allegiant will be taking a close look at Worcester
- Spirit Airlines will look closely at adding a Worcester to Myrtle Beach route
It is about one month away, November 7, to the beginning of the transformation of ORH into an asset for the Central Massachusetts. We are about to take off.
Bill Randell is the President of Advantage Benefits, an insurance brokerage house specializing in employee benefits with an emphasis on health insurance, based in Worcester since 1992. He can be contacted at Bill@AdvantageBenefits.com or follow him on Twitter (@FlyORH).
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A JetBlue TrueBlue Member Speaks His Mind
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A Young Flyer Wants To Earn JetBlue Points
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Bring Allegiant Back to Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Fly JetBlue From Worcester To Bogotá?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: It’s Time To Rebrand ORH
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Points Don’t Expire
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Prices At ORH On Target
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue’s New TrueBlue Badge
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Let’s Get Professional With Worcester’s T1
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Massport Needs a Rewards Program
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Should We Buy JetBlue Points?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Needs Right Now
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Your JetBlue “To Do” List
- FlyORH: Spotlight Worcester’s Attractions In Our Airport
- FlyORH: The JetBlue Inspiration For Worcester’s Airport
- FlyORH: Worcester Civic Leader Juan Gomez on JetBlue + Puerto Rico
- NEW: FlyORH Launches JetBlue Poster Contest