FlyORH: Worcester Airport JetBlue “Spag’s” Ticket
Thursday, April 24, 2014
We then proceeded to the check-in, that had no line, and had great service by JetBlue, thanks Annette. As we walked away from the check in, we ran into the Airport Director, Andy Davis, and chatted before proceeded up the elevator. We then sat there a few minutes, before they went through security and I noticed the floor had Goddard’s name on it? What a perfect spot potentially for the memorial, that nobody sees on Goddard Memorial Drive. Again I feel Goddard could be one of the most influential people to ever call Worcester home.
As I was driving away, I could not help but think we have all the pieces in place to make ORH an airport that can rival both Manchester and Providence. Can we please, however, drop the access road which is a complete non-issue and focus on issues to realize our potential? The only real problem we have right now is the need to install the CAT III landing equipment, which is being addressed, although it has been over a month since the last flight was cancelled due to weather.
Over the past couple of months, the only other issue that I have noticed is that we need to step up the JetBlue out of Worcester marketing efforts. Over the past two weeks, however, I have seen a dramatic increase in this area:
- Two billboard signs as you enter Worcester on Route 146N saying you are getting Warm and Warmer for JetBlue out of ORH
- Two billboard signs as you enter Worcester on Route 290E saying you are getting Warm and Warmer for JetBlue out of ORH
- Banner at the bottom of the front page of Telegram
- Ads on WXLO
- Advertisements at two different gas stations in Worcester
Keep in mind this is only what I noticed, I bet you that there is much more that I am not seeing. Maybe JetBlue has decided to ramp up these efforts as we enter the slower summer seasons? I don’t know, but I can tell you that the presence has increased dramatically recently and I hope this results in higher passenger counts.
Over the past month, I still see loads for Orlando being in the 80-85% range while Fort Lauderdale is more in the 90-95% range. Although these loads are respectable, I hate seeing any empty seats. Here is an idea that was recommended to me, why doesn’t JetBlue offer any remaining seats the day of the flight for $99? We can call it the Spag’s ticket!!
Bill Randell is the President of Advantage Benefits, an insurance brokerage house specializing in employee benefits with an emphasis on health insurance, based in Worcester since 1992. He can be contacted at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter (@FlyORH).
Related Slideshow: Who Will Replace Michael Graham in Worcester?
Eno is experienced through his work with RedMassGroup.com, as an expert commentator with NECN and as a MINDSETTER with GoLocalWorcester.
He knows politics and is articulate at voicing conservative messages.
Wired into key conservatives in state and in DC, Eno would bring a broader perspective than Polito.
The Providence-based radio host used to work in Western MA. Today he hosts afternoons on WPRO AM, but he is the lowest rated on the station behind former Providence Mayor Buddy Cianci and egmanic John DePetro.
WPRO's parent company, Cumulus, has announced that they will be cutting 7% this year. Worcester might look good to Yorke.
Jennifer Roy is Worcester's favorite girl-next-door.
She was recently the winner of the Jet Blue video contest.
She is connected to everyone in Worcester and the former local cable TV news reporter would be a big improvement with the likability factor.
But, the big question is, do WTAG listeners was likability?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue’s New TrueBlue Badge
- FlyORH: Add Worcester to the Logan Express Route
- FlyORH: JetBlue Arrives At Worcester Regional Airport
- FlyORH: Setting the Record Straight On Worcester Regional Airport
- FlyORH: Worcester Airport Does Not Need an Access Road
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A JetBlue TrueBlue Member Speaks His Mind
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Let’s Get Professional With Worcester’s T1
- FlyORH: Before Worcester Airport Access Road, Let’s Fix The Signs
- FlyORH: JetBlue Is Thinking Long-Term for ORH
- FlyORH: Spotlight Worcester’s Attractions In Our Airport
- FlyORH: Worcester Airport Rises to the Occasion
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A Young Flyer Wants To Earn JetBlue Points
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Massport Needs a Rewards Program
- FlyORH: Building Momentum at Worcester Regional Airport
- FlyORH: JetBlue Service Report Card
- FlyORH: The JetBlue Inspiration For Worcester’s Airport
- FlyORH: Worcester Airport by the Numbers
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Bring Allegiant Back to Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Should We Buy JetBlue Points?
- FlyORH: Chamber of Commerce Works To Promote Worcester Airport
- FlyORH: JetBlue’s 50-Flight Milestone at Worcester Regional Airport
- FlyORH: The Next Moves For Worcester Airport
- FlyORH: Worcester Civic Leader Juan Gomez on JetBlue + Puerto Rico
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Fly JetBlue From Worcester To Bogotá?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Needs Right Now
- FlyORH: Changes at Worcester Airport Affecting Ticket Sales?
- FlyORH: Linear Air CEO William Herp Talks Air Taxis
- FlyORH: The Secret to JetBlue Staying in Worcester
- FlyORH: Worcester’s Airport Needs To Provide Ground Transportation
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: It’s Time To Rebrand ORH
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Your JetBlue “To Do” List
- FlyORH: First JetBlue Flight Out of Worcester
- FlyORH: November 7 Is JetBlue Go Time
- FlyORH: Troubleshooting at Worcester Airport
- FlyORH: Yapta Your Flights Out of Worcester Airport
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Points Don’t Expire
- FlyORH’s People On The Ground: Thrifty’s Ed Bresnahan
- FlyORH: Good Marketing Is Key to Higher Loads at Worcester Airport
- FlyORH: Orlando Numbers Missing the Mark at Worcester Airport?
- FlyORH: Vote for Worcester in JetBlue Contest
- NEW: FlyORH Launches JetBlue Poster Contest
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Prices At ORH On Target
- FlyORH: A Conversation With Wade Eyerly, Former CEO of Surf Air
- FlyORH: Growing With JetBlue
- FlyORH: Predictions For Worcester Airport in 2014
- FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Can Learn From Arnold Palmer