FlyORH: Worcester Civic Leader Juan Gomez on JetBlue + Puerto Rico
Thursday, August 15, 2013
On my Twitter (@FlyORH), two of my followers, Kenneth McClintock (@PRKDMc) and Jose Pereira (@pereira4785), commented on the great prices out of ORH to San Juan. Have you heard much talk about JetBlue out of Worcester to San Juan?
Not really. Just recently I have heard a little, but in all honestly not a lot.
From my past experiences, I have found the Latino Community in Central Massachusetts goes back to Puerto Rico often and usually out of Boston. Do you agree?
Yes, I agree on both points. I would also like to point out that there are a lot of people from the Dominican Republic that live in Central Mass that have either lived in Puerto Rico or still have family in Puerto Rico. They also travel often out of Boston to San Juan.
If you were to advise JetBlue, how would you tell them to reach the Latino Community?
Channel 19 and 27 locally, radio stations like WORC who have affiliate stations throughout the Commonwealth in densely populated Latino communities and theVocero. Also, they should reach out to organizations like ours.
Speaking of your organization, the Latino Festival, which you put together, is coming up on August 17th. How is it looking and will JetBlue be there?
We have a great lineup planned and it gets better and better every year. We have some great sponsors this year, but not JetBlue. We would love to have them here; it is a perfect match!
Lastly, if JetBlue has competitive prices do you see people from Central Massachusetts opting for Worcester over Boston?
Bill Randell is the President of Advantage Benefits, an insurance brokerage house specializing in employee benefits with an emphasis on health insurance, based in Worcester since 1992. He can be contacted at Bill@AdvantageBenefits.com or follow him on Twitter (@FlyORH).
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A JetBlue TrueBlue Member Speaks His Mind
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A Young Flyer Wants To Earn JetBlue Points
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Fly JetBlue From Worcester To Bogotá?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Points Don’t Expire
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Prices At ORH On Target
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue’s New TrueBlue Badge
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Let’s Get Professional With Worcester’s T1
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Should We Buy JetBlue Points?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Needs Right Now
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Your JetBlue “To Do” List
- NEW: FlyORH Launches JetBlue Poster Contest