Goldberg Launches Statewide Salary Negotiation Training Program for Women
Thursday, January 25, 2018
This is the first program of its kind in the country.
“With this new, statewide salary negotiation program, we are helping women across Massachusetts to ‘Just Ask!’ to be paid what they are worth, because when women are paid equally, we all benefit. These workshops will give women the essential tools they need to empower themselves in the workplace, especially during salary negotiations,” said Treasurer Deb Goldberg.
Facilitators for the workshops will be trained members of the Commission on the Status of Women and workshops will be held at the fifteen community colleges across the state.
Both the Commission and colleges will serve as outreach ambassadors to attract participants to the workshops. These initial workshops are licensed by AAUW and will be geared toward women entering the workforce.
The sessions will be two hours and will educate participants on recognizing the gender wage gap and will give them the tools they need to be successful.
"This program will address a critical issue and continue our mission of promoting rights and opportunities for women throughout their lives. The gender wage gap affects every family in our state and actively addressing wage inequality through salary negotiation will give women the resources they need to achieve economic security," stated Jill Ashton of the Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women.
This new initiative is launched in collaboration with the Massachusetts Community Colleges Executive Office, the Community Colleges Presidents, the American Association of University Women (AAUW), and the Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women.
- Worcester Mayor Petty Endorses Deb Goldberg for MA Treasurer
- Goldberg Takes Mass Democratic Nomination for Treasurer
- Treasurer Candidate Goldberg Calls For New Fiscal Reform Policies
- Goldberg Outlines Policy to Strengthen Economic Security in MA
- Mass Retirees Endorses Deb Goldberg for Treasurer
- NEW: 3 Labor Organizations Endorse Deb Goldberg for MA Treasurer
- Bay View Honors Alums Goldberg, Lero
- Catch Whoopi Goldberg With Your WOO Card
- NEW: Deb Goldberg Endorsed by EMILY’s List for MA Treasurer
- Goldberg Defeats Heffernan for MA Treasurer
- Treasurer - Elect Goldberg Adds 8 Members to Leadership Team
- Treasurer Goldberg Asks AG Sessions to Clarify Position on Marijuana Enforcement
- Treasurer Goldberg Launches New Financial Education Website
- Goldberg Releases “Bringing Diversity on Board” Report
- Treasurer Goldberg Responds to Marijuana Conference Committee Report
- Treasurer Goldberg Names Perez, Kim as Deputy Treasurers
- MA Treasurer Goldberg Announces List of Unclaimed Property
- Treasurer Goldberg Launches Innovative College Savings Program in Worcester
- Treasurer Goldberg Announces Finance Fellowship for MA Women
- Treasurer Goldberg Announces 10th Annual “My Ideal School” Contest
- Treasurer Goldberg Names 5 to Cannabis Advisory Board