Gov. Baker Joins Group of 17 Governors to Promote Clean Energy
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
“The Governors’ Accord for a New Energy Future highlights the tremendous opportunities to create a shared clean, affordable and resilient energy future. Massachusetts will continue to lead the way on clean energy, energy efficiency and the adoption of innovative technologies such as energy storage. These efforts, and our legislative proposal to bring additional hydroelectricity and other renewable resources into the region, will ensure we meet our ambitious greenhouse gas emission reduction targets while also creating a stronger economy for the Commonwealth," said Baker.
The accord provides participating governors, combining to represent 127 million Americans, a platform throughout which their states will collaborate, learn from one another, and leverage partnerships in energy planning and policy making.
“This Accord will allow us to collaborate with like-minded governors to create innovative clean energy policy and ensure a stronger national energy future. Joining the Accord reaffirms our commitment to diversifying the Commonwealth’s energy portfolio, supporting new energy technologies, and meeting our goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 20% below 1990 levels by 2020," said Lt. Governor Karyn Polito.
Each governor committed to continue to diversify energy generation and expand clean energy sources, encourage clean transportation options, plan for an energy transition and collaborate to make transformational policy changes.
Senior advisors to participating governors will convene shorty to discuss initial steps to pursue their shared priorities and commitments contained in the Accord.
For more information on the Accord, click here.
- Owners of Widoff’s Bakery Building Reveal Plans for Retail and Office Space
- Baker Wants More Charter Schools While State Owes Millions to School Districts
- Baker and Polito to Tour Community Harvest Project in Grafton
- Governor Baker Announces Legislation to Expand Charter Schools
- Giorgio: Governor Baker & the Opiod Crisis
- Senators Chandler and Moore Join Legislature in Override of Baker’s Vetoes
- Photos: An Exclusive Look Inside the Famous Widoff’s Bakery in Worcester
- Baker Will Be Keynote Speaker for 50th Anniversary of Worcester Organizations
- NEW: Governor Baker Approves Sale of Medical Marijuana in MA
- Governor Baker Names McKeon New Head of Mass State Police
- EXCLUSIVE: New Owner Reveals Plans for Worcester’s Famous Widoff’s Bakery
- Gov. Baker Files New Substance Use Legislation, MA Medical Society Has Concerns
- Gov. Baker Calls Announces Media Campaign to End Opioid Addiction
- Governor Charlie Baker Delivers First State of the Commonwealth Address
- Baker, Polito Pay Tribute to Martin Luther King Jr.
- Baker Introduces Budget that Includes 4.3% Increase in Local Aid
- Gov. Baker Releases Statement in Support of Obama’s Opioid Abuse Proposal
- Gov. Baker Files for $200 Million in Transportation Funds for Cities and Towns
- Nursing Home Advocates Deliver Petition for a Living Wage to Gov. Baker’s Office
- Gov. Baker Proposes 72 Hour Hold for Opioid Patients in Emergency Departments
- Baker Awards Millions to Two Worcester Projects
- Governor Baker No on Syrian Refugees, McGovern Yes
- Gov. Baker Signs 5 Bills into Law in Support of Veterans & First Responders
- Gov. Baker Declares Friday, Nov. 27 “Green Friday”
- Baker Names Michael Case Chair of Holyoke Soldier’s Home