Largest Bike-Sharing Platform in World to Launch in Worcester
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
The launch event will take place on Thursday, September 14 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Worcester Common.
“ofo identified Worcester as a city with a tremendous amount of potential for their station-free bike-sharing model and has worked closely with the Worcester Chamber of Commerce. The global company is looking to expand to surrounding cities in the broader Boston area soon,” said ofo in their press release.
The Worcester launch comes a week after ofo made their North American debut last month in Seattle.
Worcester Launch Event
The event will begin with remarks from Worcester City Manager Edward Augustus, Chamber of Commerce President Timothy Murray and ofo's Grace Lin.
Following a ribbon cutting, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a group ride downtown using ofo's bright yellow bikes.
Related Slideshow: 20 Can’t Miss Fall Festivals in New England - 2017
September 9 & 10
The Rhode Island Seafood Festival is an annual event, which started in 2011, that brings together the best local sellers of seafood and other fine fare as well as beer, wine and spirits from Ocean State producers.
The festival includes live music, great food and much more.
The festival will go from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
South Kingstown, RI
The third annual Ocean State Beer Festival will take place at Whalers Brewing Company in South Kingstown.
The festival will feature beer from breweries around Rhode Island.
The festival is hosted by the Rhode Island Brewer’s Guild.
The Phantom Gourmet Food Festival is an event to look forward too and it will be held on September 12 from 12- 4 p.m. on two streets next to Fenway Park.
Tickets are $40 in advance and online and will go up to $50 at the event.
The ticket includes sampling 100 of Phantom's foods from hot dogs and pizza to pulled pork and more. Beer and wine will be served on the street.
September 15 - October 1
West Springfield, MA
The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts features a circus spectacular, Mardi Gras parade, agricultural competitions, arts & crafts, food contests, live music, and midway.
Sample food and enjoy rides, games, horse shows, historical exhibits and more.
September 15 -16
2017 Fitchburg Greek Festival at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
The 2017 Festival begins at on Friday, September 15 from 5 p.m.to 10 p.m. and continues on Saturday, September 16 from 11 am. to 10 p.m.
The festival will feature an outdoor bar area, a menu including Mezedes, Greek BBQ, and pastries, vendors, music, and dance.
Ocean State Oyster Festival at Riverwalk Park
The Ocean State Oyster Festival hopes to raise awareness and celebrate RI’s aquaculture industry.
The festival will take place on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Providence.
The festival will feature fine local food, beer, wine, and refreshments, local bands & DJs, activities for kids, culinary exhibitors, educational exhibits, a shucking contest.
Purchasing a general admission ticket gets you a half dozen oysters and an ice cold craft beer of your choice.
September 23 & 24
KidsFest 2017 at Wachusett Mountain
Wachusett Mountain, MA
The festival runs from 10 a.m. on the 23rd to 5 p.m. on the 24th.
It will include entertainment such as a BMX Bike Show, Rainforest Reptile Shows Inc., and a Baby Animal Petting Zoo.
There will also be sample skiing and a USA Ninja Warrior Challenge Course.
The Burke Mountain Fall Foliage Festival is one of the biggest festivals of the year in Vermont.
Events at the festival include a parade which begins at 10 a.m., a farm animal petting zoo, horse-drawn carriage rides, a beer and wine tent open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and live music by Tritium Well from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
October 5 - November 5
This annual event, created by artists and craftsmen of Passion for Pumpkins, and features 5,000 illuminated jack-o-lanterns, with over 125 of them artistically carved and displayed in scenes to play out the annual theme.
The annual Fall Festival Weekend welcomes the start of a new season with live music every day, a crafts fair and some friendly competition.
That competition includes the 17th Annual North American Wife Carrying Competition where teams will compete and winners will receive the wife's weight in beer and five times her weight in cash.
PHOTO: Sunday River
The New Hampshire Brewfest will feature more than 150 beers from over 50 brewers.
Admission includes entry to the session specified on your ticket, 5oz souvenir sampling cup, beer samples, and live music and festivities
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn a lot at a fair that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Fair started on September 2 through October 22
- Best Spots for a Summer Bike Ride
- How Earn-a-Bike Solves Transportation Troubles in Worcester
- GETTING OUT: Fall Bike Ride Spots
- Worcester Councilor Wants To Make City More Bike-Friendly
- 10 Great Spring Bike Rides in Central Mass.
- Keeping Kids Safe on Bikes
- Red Shed Brings Old-Fashioned Bike Shop to Olneyville
- Hot 106 & Funkmaster Flex Custom Car and Bike Show Coming to Providence
- Woony River Bike-a-Thon This Weekend
- Top Weekend Picks: Bruins, Bikes, Brides & More
- NEW: State Reps Bike to Work at State House
- Getting Out: Best Fall Bike Rides
- Getting Out: New England’s 10 Best Bike Trails
- Worcester Man Arrested for Operating Dirt Bike Illegally
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Bikes, Bush, and Merger Mega-Healthcare Collapse
- Man Assaulted & Robbed While Riding His Bike in Worcester
- 14-Year-Old Boy Hit by Car While Riding Bike in Worcester
- Auburn Man Arrested After Operating Dirt Bike on City Street
- Multiple Storage Units Broken Into, Dirt Bikes & ATVs Among Items Stolen
- Bike to Work Commuter’s Breakfast to Be Held in Worcester
- McGovern Leads Groundbreaking for New Bike Path in Worcester
- Off Your Bike: Four Helpful Stretches for the Bike Commuter
- Worcester Juvenile Arrested for Driving Stolen Dirt Bike Recklessly
- McGovern Celebrates Installation of New Bike Exhibit in Worcester