LEGAL MATTERS: 44 Best Consumer Websites
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Every March the Federal Trade Commission organizes the week to help consumers make better-informed decisions regarding how they spend, save, and invest their money. The FTC also wants to encourage people to stand up for their rights when unscrupulous businesses steal their money. To do my part, I’m providing these links to web sites loaded with reliable information.
Credit & Identity Theft Problems
Buying a Car
* If you are buying or leasing a new car, the information on this site will save you thousands. It is the most valuable link in this column.
Financial Advisors & Investments
Cheating by Banks & Credit Unions
Dealing With Debt
Bankruptcy Attorneys & Advice
“Bankruptcy Basics” Videos
American Bankruptcy Institute Consumer Information
Common Consumer Scams
The Consumerist Blog
Landlord Tenant Issues
Consumer Advocacy Agencies & Organizations
- LEGAL MATTERS: Are You Entitled To Overtime? You Might Be
- LEGAL MATTERS: Are Extended Warranties Worth the Money?
- LEGAL MATTERS: Buying A Used Car—What Are Your Rights?
- LEGAL MATTERS: Don’t Be Taken In By Advance Fee Frauds
- LEGAL MATTERS: Gift Cards—What Are Your Rights?
- LEGAL MATTERS: How To Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- LEGAL MATTERS: Lance Armstrong, Lawsuits + MA’s Whistleblowing Law
- LEGAL MATTERS: Why You Need To Use That Gift Card NOW