MA Adds 6,100 Jobs in August
Saturday, September 22, 2018
From August of 2017 to August of 2018, Massachusetts has added 68,100 jobs.
"The August estimates indicate the Commonwealth’s labor force and employment are at their highest levels while our unemployment rate remains consistently low - all indicators of the continuing positive economic outlook for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts." Labor and Workforce Development Secretary Rosalin Acosta said.
Over the month, the private sector added 6,000 jobs as gains occurred in Education and Health Services; Leisure and Hospitality; Professional, Scientific, and Business Services; Information; Construction; and Financial Activities.
The labor force increased by 20,300 from 3,785,800 in July, as 18,800 more residents were employed and 1,500 more residents were unemployed over the month.
Unemployment Rate Stays at 3.6%
The August unemployment rate was 3.6%.
The state’s labor force participation rate is up three-tenths of a percentage point over the month at 67.6 percent. Compared to August 2017, the labor force participation rate is up 2.1 percentage points.
The rate was three-tenths of a percentage point lower than the national rate of 3.9 percent reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MA Unemployment Rate Stays at 4.2% in June
- MA Unemployment Drops to Lowest Rate in 15 Years
- US Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.9% in October
- MA Unemployment Drops to Lowest Rate Since April 2001
- MA Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.2% in April
- MA Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.5% in February
- August Unemployment Statistics Narrowly Beat Expectations; Hiring Slow
- MA Unemployment Rate Stays at 4.7%, 7,100 Jobs Added in December
- US Unemployment Rate Hits 8-Year Low
- MA Unemployment Drops to Lowest Rate Since 2001
- MA Unemployment Drops to Lowest Rate in 16 Years
- MA Adds 9,300 Jobs, Unemployment Rate Drops to 3.9% in September
- MA Adds 10,800 Jobs in August, Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.2%
- NEW: MA Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6 Percent in September
- MA Adds 4,800 Jobs in October, Unemployment Rate Drops to 3.7%
- MA Adds 6,700 Jobs in November, Unemployment Rate Drops to 3.6%
- Worcester Adds 1,200 Jobs in November, Unemployment Rate Stays at 3.5%
- MA Loses 200 Jobs in July, Unemployment Rate Stays at 4.3%
- Worcester Unemployment Rate Rises to 4.6% in June
- MA Unemployment Rate Rises to 3.4% in February
- Worcester Unemployment Rate Rises to 4% in March
- MA Unemployment Rate Rises to 4.3% in June