MA Ranks 6th in U.S. for Most Most Millionaires Per Capita, Says Study
Thursday, February 08, 2018
According to the study, there are 2,682,402 total households in Massachusetts with 7.41% of them being millionaires.
“The Phoenix Wealth and Affluent Monitor (W&AM) U.S. Sizing Report is intended to provide estimates of the number of affluent and HNW households in the country. Sizing estimates are provided at the State level as well as by Core-Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs),” said Phoenix Marketing International.
Massachusetts ranking is unchanged from 2016.
Massachusetts ranks directly behind Hawaii and Alaska, who rank 4th and 5th respectively.
MA ranks ahead of New Hampshire and Virginia, who rank 7th and 8th respectively.
Maryland has the most millionaires per capita, while Mississippi has the fewest millionaires per capita. SEE STATE-BY-STATE BELOW
The sizing estimates are developed using a combination of sources including the Survey of Consumer Finance, as well as Nielson-Claritas.
The Survey of Consumer Finance provides the framework and allows Phoenix Marketing International to determine the general distribution of households by their level of investable assets.
Estimates are further refined using the age and income distributions provided by Claritas. Together, these inputs enabled them to estimate the number of households by investable assets at a national level.
Formulas are then created by applying national estimates to closely linked variables developed by the Census This allowed them to obtain estimates at smaller units of geography.
- Two Worcester Small Businesses Receive $525K in Funding
- 10 Realities Every Business Needs to Know About the State of Media in 2017
- Business Innovation Factory Announces #BIF2017 Media Partner With GoLocal24 - Will Live Stream
- Smart Benefits: Small Businesses Beware of Proper Worker Classification
- MA Health Connector Launches 1st Phase of Small-Business Website
- Better Business Bureau Offers Tips on Stopping Scammers From Constantly Calling
- The Best States to Start a Business - See Where MA Ranks
- Introducing BIF’s Design Methodology for Next Practices and New Business Models
- Smart Benefits: Small Businesses May Hold the Key to Employee Happiness
- Horowitz: As Trump Abdicates Climate Leadership, Governors, Mayors & Business Leaders Step-up
- Worcester Chamber to Hold Seminar on Business Reporting Requirements
- Blackstone Valley Chamber to Host Business & Breakfast Meeting
- Organize + Energize: 10 Organizing & Efficiency Tips for Small Business Owners
- Small Business Association’s Emerging Leaders Initiative to be Held in Worcester
- Better Business Bureau Offers Tips on Creating a Budget in 2018
- Clark’s Grad School of Management Recognized as a Top Business School
- Better Business Bureau Warns of “Is This You” Facebook Scam
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Bridezilla, Acing the Business Lunch & Easier Job Hunting
- Better Business Bureau Offers Tips for Those Signing Up for Gym Memberships
- MA Health Connector for Business Visits Employers & Workspaces During Launch Week
- Warren Asks Former Equifax CEO Smith if Breach Created Business Opportunities
- MA Health Connector Visits Worcester Businesses to Promote Open Enrollment
- MA Ranked as One of Most Friendly States in U.S. for Small Business
- MA Health Connector Launches Small Business Website
- Better Business Bureau Warns of Online Dating Scams