MGM Resorts CEO Murren to Speak at Worcester Chamber’s June Breakfast
Thursday, May 31, 2018
The meeting will take place on June 7 at Mechanics Hall from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Murren joined MGM in 1998 after spending more than a decade on Wall Street.
He was named Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International in December of 2008. He leads the global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class resorts and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife, and retail offerings.
A native of Fairfield, Conn., Murren graduated from, and is a trustee of, Trinity College, where he majored in Art History and Urban Studies.
He serves on the Board of Trustees of the Brookings Institution, on the National Infrastructure Advisory Council, and on the advisory board of the University of Delaware’s Biden Institute.
He is chair of the Leadership Board of the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees for Howard University and a member of the Business Roundtable, an association of CEOs of leading U.S. companies.
Murren served as the Chairman of the American Gaming Association from 2014 until 2017.
A leader in the area of corporate responsibility, Murren was named a Responsible CEO of the Year by CR Magazine.
In 2004, MGM Resorts became the first company in the gaming and hospitality industry to offer same-sex health benefits to employees and in 2011, the company expanded its supplier and construction diversity programs to include businesses owned by LGBTQ persons.
Set to open on August 24, 2018, MGM Springfield will create 3,000 jobs in addition to the many local companies and unions who were hired to construct the casino.
The casino will feature 2,500 slot machines, 94 table games, 23 poker tables, a hotel, spa, three restaurants, 8-screen movie theatre, a 10-lane bowling alley 44,000 square feet of meeting space and an outdoor rooftop garden.
- Worcester Regional Chamber Announces 2014 Business Awards
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce Fills Two Key Positions
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce to Host Central Mass. Business Expo
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce to Host Job Fair on April 9
- Worcester Chamber to Hold Seminar on Business Reporting Requirements
- Worcester Chamber Forms Diverse Professional Roundtable Group
- Worcester Chamber Announces First Emerging Leader Award Winners
- Worcester Chamber Announces Leadership Worcester Class of 2018
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Present “A Very Open Rehearsal”
- Worcester Chamber Proposes New Utilization & Economic Opportunities for Union Station
- Worcester Regional Chamber to Host 3rd Annual Woostapreneurs Forum
- Worcester Chamber to Announce Winners of StartUp Worcester 2017
- Chamber of Commerce to Host StartUp Worcester Open House
- Worcester Chamber Announces 2018 Business Awards
- Auburn Chamber of Commerce to Award $16,500 in Scholarships