NEW: This Weekend is “Small Business Weekend” in MA
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
The first "Small Business Weekend" occurred last year, and Rep. Durant was pleased to co-sponsor the House Resolution establishing it. The purpose of the resolution is to recognize the important economic role and positive impacts small business has on the state's communities and to encourage shopping at “Main Street” local businesses.
“If we want to put people back to work, we need to support our local businesses and encourage future entrepreneurs,” Durant said. “Promoting Small Business Weekend will help educate the public as to how vital small business is to our state’s economic outlook and hopefully motivate them to shop locally all year long.”
“The small business community is the backbone of our economy. Three out of every four new jobs in Massachusetts are created by small business. Encouraging participation in Small Business Weekend will give our local merchants a boost during the peak holiday shopping season,” added Durant.
- GoLocalTV: Warren Answers Questions About Lack of Spending With Women Businesses
- Julia Steiny: When a School Makes Itself Useful To Business
- MA Business Confidence Shows Economy on the Rebound
- 10 Booming Hipster Businesses in Worcester
- 4 Central Mass Businesses Named 2012’s Best Places to Work
- Fed Action Could Mean Central Mass Business Boost
- Forced Elevator Upgrades Could Crush Local Businesses
- GoLocalTV: Local Business Owners Network at Salvation Army’s Adult Rehab Center