SBA is Accepting Nominations for 2016 Small Business Week Awards
Thursday, October 08, 2015
For 2016, the nomination criteria has been simplified, where as in previous years, there were multiple forms, letters and documents required. Now, there is only one form and questionnaire.
All nominations must be submitted by no later than 3 p.m. EST on Monday, January 11th of 2016.
To nominate someone, click here.
The awards will be given at a celebration of National Small Business Week on May 2-6 of 2016.
The awards include the following:
• Small Business Person of the Year
◦ One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
• Exporter of the Year
• Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
◦ Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
◦ Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
◦ Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
• Federal Procurement Awards
◦ Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
◦ Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
◦ Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
◦ 8(a) Graduate of the Year
• Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
• Small Business Investment Company of the Year
• Awards to SBA Resource Partners
◦ Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
◦ Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
◦ Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
For more information, click here.
Related Slideshow: 20 Ways To Support Small Businesses in Central MA
Grab Some Coffee
20 Front St., Worcester MA
Talyta’s Café has you covered for the most important meal of the day!
Grab some Huevos Rancheros, and egg burrito, or go all out with their breakfast special piled high with home fries, eggs, and toast before you head out to shop your Saturday away.
Grab a Snack
Bahnan’s International Marketplace
344 Pleasant St., Worcester, MA
Don’t have time to sit down to breakfast? Bahnan’s International Marketplace, Bakery and Café is a family-owned business that offers meat pies, fresh breads and some sweet pastries to grab on the go!
They also have a selection of imported teas and coffees to get your morning started.
Photo: Bahnan's International Marketplace
Take a Break
660 Main Street, Worcester, MA
ArtsWorcester hosts exhibits from local artists and promotes them to the public.
Admission into the gallery is always free of charge and they sell art that can suit most budgets.
Support local art on Small Business Saturday with ArtsWorcester!
Grab Some More Lunch
144 Main St, Worcester, MA
Armsby Abbey offers delicious comfort food and a wide selection of Farmstead cheeses to enjoy with their house-baked breads.
Armsby also has delicious sandwiches and soups to warm you up after a blustery shopping day.
Photo: Armsby Abbey
Even More Lunch!
Mezcal Tequila Cantina
20 Central St. Leominster, MA
Add some spice to your day at Mezcal Tequila Cantina.
Come for the guacamole and salsa bar and stay for the generously portioned entrees like their Adobo Chicken Enchiladas and Pulled Pork Tostadas!
Photo: Mezcal Tequila Cantina
Participate in and Event
Small Business Saturday at Annie's Book Shop
Annie's is taking Small Business Saturday to the next level by featuring the Worcester Writers Collaborative, a local organization supporting writers throughout Worcester County, in a collection of readings, signings, and more from 12:00 PM 6:00 PM.
Grab a Drink
90 Harding St., Worcester, MA
Grab a locally crafted beer or seasonal cocktail at The Compass Tavern.
The tavern is home to the largest bar in Worcester - seating 48 at any given time.
Grab some food and begin your weekend at Compass Tavern!
Photo: Compass Tavern
Watch the Game
Whiskey on Water
97 Water St, Worcester
Looking for that perfect place to watch the big football games over the weekend. Whiskey on Water is exactly where you want to be.
Their 32-tap system will feature Worcester largest selection of local and craft and bottled beer. Food will continuously evolve with New England’s first rotating food truck service.
Grab A Late Night Snack
The Banner Bar and Grille
112 Green Street, Worcester
The Banner Bar and Grille is one of the best spots around to get late-night post-bar favorites like nachos piled high with chicken or chili, wings, and melty quesadillas.
The Banner also features music from local DJs every weekend night so you can have your snake and get some entertainment!
- NEW: MA Gets Better Grade in 2013 For Small Business Friendliness
- Worcester Small Business With Heart: Clark Community Thrift Store
- NEW: MA Awarded $720,000 for Small Business Exports
- NEW: This Weekend is “Small Business Weekend” in MA
- Mass Small Business Owners Plagued by High Costs
- NEW: Moore Named Friend of Small Business by NFIB
- Worcester Small Business Owners Complete Innovative MBA Program
- MGCC Awards Small Business Assistance Grants to 4 Central MA Orgs
- Smart Benefits: Fines for Small Business Premium Reimbursement Delayed
- Smart Benefits: Fines Now In Effect for Small Business Health Plan Reimbursements
- NEW: MA Earns D+ Grade for Small Business Friendliness
- Worcester Gets an “F” for Small Business Friendliness
- Smart Benefits: IRS Issues Final Regulation on Small Business Tax Credit
- SpencerBANK Named Small Business Lender of Quarter