Smart Benefits: DOL Increases Group Health Plan Notice Distribution Penalties
Monday, January 28, 2019
- SPD: Failure to furnish an SPD to the DOL upon request may now result in a penalty of up to $156 per day (not to exceed $1,566 per request).
- SBC: Failure to provide group health plan participants and beneficiaries with an SBC may now result in a penalty of up to $1,156 per participant or beneficiary.
- Employer CHIP Notice: Failure to provide an Employer CHIP Notice to employees in states that offer group health plan premium assistance through a state Children’s Health Insurance Program may now result in a penalty of up to $117 per day per employee.
Rob Calise is the Managing Director, Employee Benefits of The Hilb Group of New England, where he helps clients control the costs of employee benefits by focusing on consumer-driven strategies and on how to best utilize the tax savings tools the government provides. Rob serves as Chairman of the Board of United Benefit Advisors, and is a board member of the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI Broker Advisory Board, United HealthCare of New England Broker Advisory Board and Rhode Island Business Healthcare Advisors Council. He is also a member of the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU), American Health Insurance Association (AHIA) and the Employers Council on Flexible Compensation (ECFC), as well as various human resource associations. Rob is a graduate of Bryant University with a BS in Finance
- Smart Benefits: Could 401(k)s be the Answer to Student Debt Repayment Benefits?
- Smart Benefits: 4 Things to Know About Inclement Weather & Closing Policies
- Smart Benefits: Share Value of Benefits with Total Compensation Statements
- Smart Benefits: Survey Shows Annual Health Insurance Premiums Up 5%
- Smart Benefits: The Role of Analytics in Employee Benefits
- Smart Benefits: Faith-Based Healthcare Sharing: an Option to Insurance?
- Smart Benefits: 2019 Commercial Health Insurance Rates Approved
- Smart Benefits: ACA Update - Continue to Comply
- Smart Benefits: 5 Steps to Open Enrollment Success
- Smart Benefits: With Stress Piling On, Employers Can Help Workers with Financial Wellness
- Smart Benefits: Help Employees Maximize the Benefits of HSAs
- Smart Benefits: 5 Ways to Boost Flu Shots Among Employees
- Smart Benefits: The ACA Court Ruling - What You Need to Know
- Smart Benefits: More Employers are Offering Telehealth – Should You?
- Smart Benefits: Tips to Address Tardiness
- Smart Benefits: When it Comes to Benefit Info, Get Personal
- Smart Benefits: Planning on Summer Interns? Know the DOL Rules
- Smart Benefits: Reduce Winter Weather Workplace Risks
- Smart Benefits: Updated ACA Reporting Forms Available for 2019
- Smart Benefits: With Holidays Underway, Keep Mental Health Top of Mind
- Smart Benefits: Certain Wellness Program Incentive Limits Eliminated Jan 1
- Smart Benefits: How to Answer Employees’ Call for Personalized Benefits
- Smart Benefits: New Retirement Plan Limits Set for 2019