Smart Benefits: Reminder - PCORI Fee Due July 31
Monday, May 28, 2018
And for 2018, the fee went up by about 10 cents per employee or dependent enrolled.
The fee is assessed for each plan year ending after September 30, 2012, and before October 1, 2019. All plan sponsors of self-insured group health plans will pay the PCORI fee in 2018, but the amount of the fee will depend on when the plan year ends:
Rob Calise is the Managing Director, Employee Benefits of The Hilb Group of New England, where he helps clients control the costs of employee benefits by focusing on consumer-driven strategies and on how to best utilize the tax savings tools the government provides. Rob serves as Chairman of the Board of United Benefit Advisors, and is a board member of the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI Broker Advisory Board, United HealthCare of New England Broker Advisory Board and Rhode Island Business Healthcare Advisors Council. He is also a member of the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU), American Health Insurance Association (AHIA) and the Employers Council on Flexible Compensation (ECFC), as well as various human resource associations. Rob is a graduate of Bryant University with a BS in Finance
- Smart Benefits: Resolve to Help Employees Stick with Resolutions in 2018
- Smart Benefits: Should You Go Voluntary?
- Smart Benefits: Increased Enforcement Means It’s Time to Get I-9s in Order
- Smart Benefits: Harness Happiness for Increased Productivity
- Smart Benefits: Should You Boost Benefits in Light of Tax Reform?
- Smart Benefits: Tips for a Healthy Workplace During Cold & Flu Season
- Smart Benefits: Advance Form 5500 Available for 2017
- Smart Benefits: Five Ways to Use FSA Funds—Before You Lose Them
- Smart Benefits: It’s Time to Review Your Harassment Prevention Policies
- Smart Benefits: Extended OSHA Deadline for 2016 Injury, Illness Reports Less Than a Week Away
- Smart Benefits: Five HR Challenges for 2018
- Smart Benefits: What Drives Health Plan Satisfaction?
- Smart Benefits: The Rise of AI
- Smart Benefits: CMS Releases HHS Notice of Benefit & Payment Parameters for 2019
- Smart Benefits: What Makes a Company a Great Place to Work?
- Smart Benefits: MA Pay History Ban Will Change Local Recruitment
- Smart Benefits: How to Boost Productivity When Spring Fever Hits
- Smart Benefits: New Disability Claims Procedure In Effect Today
- Smart Benefits: Five Steps to Managing Leave
- Smart Benefits: What to Do if You Get a Shared Responsibility Letter
- Smart Benefits: How to Ready Your Org for the Gig Economy
- Smart Benefits: What Benefits Do Workers Want? More Financial Education
- Smart Benefits: Penalty Hikes for Workplace Law Violations Announced
- Smart Benefits: HSA Limits for 2019 Released