Two Worcester Small Businesses Receive $525K in Funding
Friday, July 28, 2017
The Flying Rhino is receiving $343,954.00 through the SBA loan program and Skylark Law & Mediation is receiving $181,500.00, for a combined total of $525,454 in federal funding for the local economy.
"Small businesses are the heart and soul of our economy in Central Massachusetts and this is a smart investment in two of Worcester’s many great small businesses. I am proud to work with strong partners like the Worcester Business Development Corporation and the SBA. Together, we will continue to stand up for all of our small businesses and ensure they have the support they need to continue to create good jobs and keep our economy strong and growing,” said Congressman Jim McGovern.
Flying Rhino Cafe
The Flying Rhino Cafe offers lunch and dinner seven days per week, a special brunch menu on Sundays, and a Late Night Special Menu. A full bar, in addition to a wine cellar, 12 rotating draft beers, and a selection of over 24 bottled beers complements their restaurant and creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for its patrons.
Skylark Law & Mediation, PC
Skylark Law & Mediation, PC is a legal practice specializing in family law and dispute resolution and mediation services.
Related Slideshow: 20 Ways To Support Small Businesses in Central MA
Grab Some Coffee
20 Front St., Worcester MA
Talyta’s Café has you covered for the most important meal of the day!
Grab some Huevos Rancheros, and egg burrito, or go all out with their breakfast special piled high with home fries, eggs, and toast before you head out to shop your Saturday away.
Grab a Snack
Bahnan’s International Marketplace
344 Pleasant St., Worcester, MA
Don’t have time to sit down to breakfast? Bahnan’s International Marketplace, Bakery and Café is a family-owned business that offers meat pies, fresh breads and some sweet pastries to grab on the go!
They also have a selection of imported teas and coffees to get your morning started.
Photo: Bahnan's International Marketplace
Take a Break
660 Main Street, Worcester, MA
ArtsWorcester hosts exhibits from local artists and promotes them to the public.
Admission into the gallery is always free of charge and they sell art that can suit most budgets.
Support local art on Small Business Saturday with ArtsWorcester!
Grab Some More Lunch
144 Main St, Worcester, MA
Armsby Abbey offers delicious comfort food and a wide selection of Farmstead cheeses to enjoy with their house-baked breads.
Armsby also has delicious sandwiches and soups to warm you up after a blustery shopping day.
Photo: Armsby Abbey
Even More Lunch!
Mezcal Tequila Cantina
20 Central St. Leominster, MA
Add some spice to your day at Mezcal Tequila Cantina.
Come for the guacamole and salsa bar and stay for the generously portioned entrees like their Adobo Chicken Enchiladas and Pulled Pork Tostadas!
Photo: Mezcal Tequila Cantina
Participate in and Event
Small Business Saturday at Annie's Book Shop
Annie's is taking Small Business Saturday to the next level by featuring the Worcester Writers Collaborative, a local organization supporting writers throughout Worcester County, in a collection of readings, signings, and more from 12:00 PM 6:00 PM.
Grab a Drink
90 Harding St., Worcester, MA
Grab a locally crafted beer or seasonal cocktail at The Compass Tavern.
The tavern is home to the largest bar in Worcester - seating 48 at any given time.
Grab some food and begin your weekend at Compass Tavern!
Photo: Compass Tavern
Watch the Game
Whiskey on Water
97 Water St, Worcester
Looking for that perfect place to watch the big football games over the weekend. Whiskey on Water is exactly where you want to be.
Their 32-tap system will feature Worcester largest selection of local and craft and bottled beer. Food will continuously evolve with New England’s first rotating food truck service.
Grab A Late Night Snack
The Banner Bar and Grille
112 Green Street, Worcester
The Banner Bar and Grille is one of the best spots around to get late-night post-bar favorites like nachos piled high with chicken or chili, wings, and melty quesadillas.
The Banner also features music from local DJs every weekend night so you can have your snake and get some entertainment!
- Worcester Gets an “F” for Small Business Friendliness
- Smart Benefits: IRS Issues Final Regulation on Small Business Tax Credit
- NEW: MA Earns D+ Grade for Small Business Friendliness
- MGCC Awards Small Business Assistance Grants to 4 Central MA Orgs
- Worcester Small Business Owners Complete Innovative MBA Program
- NEW: MA Awarded $720,000 for Small Business Exports
- Impact Of Patrick’s Deregulation On Small Businesses
- NEW: MA Gets Better Grade in 2013 For Small Business Friendliness
- Worcester Small Business With Heart: Clark Community Thrift Store
- 25 Ways To Support Small Businesses in Central MA
- ShopWoo Today to Help Worcester’s Small Businesses
- Smart Benefits: Why Aren’t More Companies Taking Small Business Tax Credit?
- Small Business Association to Provide Winter Weather Tips Via Webinar
- Rep. Kane Honored by Small Business for 100% Voting Record
- 20 Ways To Support Small Businesses in Central MA
- Smart Benefits: Cures Act Remedies A Small Business Condition
- Smart Benefits: Small Businesses Remain Those with 50 or Less Employees
- SBA is Accepting Nominations for 2016 Small Business Week Awards
- Smart Benefits: Fines for Small Business Premium Reimbursement Delayed
- Smart Benefits: Fines Now In Effect for Small Business Health Plan Reimbursements
- SpencerBANK Named Small Business Lender of Quarter
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Mike Ricardi: Supporting Worcester’s Small Businesses Should Be Priority
- Smart Benefits: Small Businesses May Hold the Key to Employee Happiness