slides: Who Will Replace Jim Polito in Worcester?
Thursday, December 06, 2012
Jim Polito is headed to Boston. The former investigative reporter in Springfield reinvented his career as a conservative morning talk show host in Worcester. Despite being New England's second largest city it is void of local network television and the spectrum of locally hosted radio is far narrower than Hartford, CT or Providence, RI.
The morning gig on WTAG is now wide open and a slew of local and out of market talent are rumored for the position.
Take a look at some of the potential candidates.
Eno is experienced through his work with RedMassGroup.com, as an expert commentator with NECN and as a MINDSETTER with GoLocalWorcester.
He knows politics and is articulate at voicing conservative messages.
Wired into key conservatives in state and in DC, Eno would bring a broader perspective than Polito.
The Providence-based radio host used to work in Western MA. Today he hosts afternoons on WPRO AM, but he is the lowest rated on the station behind former Providence Mayor Buddy Cianci and egmanic John DePetro.
WPRO's parent company, Cumulus, has announced that they will be cutting 7% this year. Worcester might look good to Yorke.
Jennifer Roy is Worcester's favorite girl-next-door.
She was recently the winner of the Jet Blue video contest.
She is connected to everyone in Worcester and the former local cable TV news reporter would be a big improvement with the likability factor.
But, the big question is, do WTAG listeners was likability?
Matt Allen is another Providence talk radio host, but he is the techno model. He is digitally savvy and has built a younger audience than the norm.
He is a social media pro and stays in contact with his listeners 24/7 leveraging Facebook and Twitter.
Libertarian in view point, Allen would align well with the discussion in central MA.
He has been one of the most influencial MA politicians of the past 25 years. A big time player since leaving the State House, Finneran knows all angles of the issue.
He hosted Boston talk radio for years - he would bring a Boston and beyond perspective to talk radio in Worcester.
The former Rep Congressman from Central Mass has done time behind the mic. After a stint with the MA GOP and a brutal outcome in 2012 with Senator Scott Brown losing and Richard Tisei unable to grab a congressional seat, it might be a good time to jump.
Blute knows central MA. He is Worcester born and lives in Shrewsbury.
His big blemish was the iconic hit piece by the Boston Herald - Booze Cruise.
- NEW: Radio Host Jim Polito to Leave WTAG for FOX25
- GoLocalWorcester MINDSETTER™ Tom Finneran Joins GoLocal and WHJJ Live On-Air
- Tom Finneran: Mayor Bloomberg- The Mayor of Small Ball
- Tom Finneran: The Decline of America Continues
- Tom Finneran: Powerball Madness
- Pinto: Hey McGovern, It’s Worcester Stupid!
- Rob Eno: A Vote for Warren is a Vote for More Taxes
- Rob Eno: Ryan Fattman - The Mass GOP’s Next Generation of Leadership
- Rob Eno: The American People Won the VP Debate
- Rob Eno: The Fight Against Government Takeover of Healthcare Costs
- NEW: GoLocal Contributor Jen Roy a Finalist in Model Competition
- NEW: GoLocalWorcester’s Jennifer Roy Stars in Latest JetBlue Ad