Worcester Chamber Announces 2018 Business Awards
Thursday, May 10, 2018
“We are thrilled to shine a spotlight on these accomplished businesses for their continued commitment to excellence and contributions to the local business community,” said Timothy P. Murray, President, and CEO, Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce.
The awards will be presented on Thursday, May 17, 2018, at 4 pm at Mercantile Center prior to the Chamber’s monthly networking event, Business After Hours, which will begin at 5 p.m.
The Richard B. Kennedy Business of the Year award will be presented to ten24 for its outstanding commitment and dedication to the Chamber’s mission, vision, and values.
The Small Business of the Year will be presented to FASTSIGNS, which is located on 120 Stafford Street in Worcester. This award recognizes a small and growing for-profit business in Greater Worcester that demonstrates achievement in management and innovation, workplace excellence, or a commitment to community.
The Entrepreneur of the Year will be given to Stacey Chin of HyrdoGlyde Coatings LLC. This annual award is presented to the founder or owner of a company who has demonstrated a high level of entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, perseverance, creativity, and determination to be successful.
The Family-Owned Business of the Year will be presented to Clark Mailing. As a long-time member of the Worcester business community, and the Chamber, the Clark family has provided top-notch business services to many customers – including the Chamber – for many years.
The Chamber Advocate of the Year will be presented to Ryan Matson of Small Business Insurance Agency, Inc. This annual award is presented to an individual member for outstanding service and dedication to the Chamber’s mission, vision, and values.
The Joe Cohen Retailer of the Year will be presented to Q Bridal. This annual award is presented to a company for outstanding business success and innovation and for consistently demonstrating community commitment and support.
The Ambassador of the Year will be awarded to Maureen Raillo. This annual award is presented to a person who participates in the Chamber’s Ambassador Program and regularly represents the Chamber through volunteer activities and actively promotes the work of the organization.
The Chamber’s Silver Hammer Awards will be presented to Queen’s Cups for rehabilitating 56 Water Street in the heart of the Canal District, Railers Tavern for their renovation of 90 Commercial Street in downtown, Release Well Being Center for bringing the Nathan Fisher House back to life located in Westborough, and Washburn House, for renovating 1183 Main Street in Worcester.
- Worcester Chamber to Highlight Progress of Entrepreneurs During Demo Night
- Worcester Chamber to Discuss Repeal of Obamacare at Business & Politics Forum
- MA Business Alliance for Education & Worcester Chamber of Commerce Team up on Education
- Worcester Chamber Promotes Three, Adds Business Development Professional
- The Hanover President Eppinger to be Honored by Worcester Chamber
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Worcester Chamber to Announce Winners of StartUp Worcester 2017
- Worcester Chamber to Host 2017 Career Fair at Worcester State
- Worcester Chamber Forms Diverse Professional Roundtable Group
- Worcester Chamber Proposes New Utilization & Economic Opportunities for Union Station