YMCA of Central MA Set to Expand Greendale Family Branch
Friday, October 16, 2015
The Greendale Family Branch consists of two large swimming pools, a four foot therapeutic pool, kds climbing and crawling gyms and more.
The branch will be adding a family splash pad, an outdoor water playground for children of all ages, an expanded wellness center and tennis upgrades.
Two large swimming poolsprovide swimming lessons and activities for all. The Seniors are offered the use of the 4-foot deep therapeutic pool.
Parents and preschoolers have lots of fun climbing and crawling in the specially designed Kids Gym. Teens enjoy fun and physical activity in their teen center. One can always schedule individual or group personal training sessions, take and exercise class and plug into the computer monitor for “fitness on demand”.
This branch also has six indoor clay tennis courts, staffed with a highly skilled and professional tennis instructor – private lessons are available. And if that’s not enough, join in on a pick-up basketball game in the gymnasium.
The Greendale Family Branch Community is expanding and the projects include:
· Family Splash Pad: An outdoor water playground that will entertain children of all ages, connect families together and provide a fun and friendly environment to enjoy on warm days of summer.
· Expanded Wellness Center: an addition to the current Wellness Central with a new functional training zone to offer diverse and innovative fitness programs for people of all ages to meet their fitness goals.
· TENNIS UPGRADES: Reinvesting in your tennis experience and supporting the next generation of tennis players makes the Y great tennis destination.
· Construction will also include lobby revitalization, refreshed locker rooms and bathrooms.
“For six and a half decades, the Greendale Family Branch has strengthened the community. The 150th Anniversary Capital Campaign will continue our legacy of impact through significant reinvestment,” said Kathryn Zingg Hunter, President/CEO of the YMCA of Central Massachusetts. “Join us as we break ground to transform Greendale… inside and out, she continued.
The YMCA of Central Massachusetts is one of the nation's leading non profits that is strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Related Slideshow: The 25 Wealthiest Cities & Towns in Central Massachusetts
GoLocalWorcester looked at the 2010 Census figures for every city and town to rank Central Massachusetts’ 25 wealthiest cities and towns based on median family income. Check out where the top 25 cities are in the slideshow below.
Median Household Income: $81,127
During the Revolutionary War, Deborah Sampson, a woman posing as a male soldier, enlisted in the Continental Army as "Robert Shurtlieff of Uxbridge". A minister kept her secret, and she was later honored as a heroine by the Massachusetts legislature.
Median Household Income: $82,443
In 1786, Hubbardston residents marched to Worcester and, joining hundreds of other farmers, took control of the courthouse to protest the foreclosures and seizures of property by creditors that occurred during the late 1700's.
Median Household Income: $85,697
Shrewsbury is the birthplace to "The Pill". The Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology in Shrewsbury was the research facility where the oral contraceptive pill was first developed. It is now part of the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Median Household Income: $88,214
Boylston was first settled around 1706. The residents petitioned to form a local town and government, but the William Shirley, British colonial Governor of Massachusetts,denied their request since he wanted to keep the number of towns to a minimum in order to restrict popular representation.
- YMCA Helps Cancer Survivors Reach their Holistic Health Goals
- Athol YMCA To Bring After School Programs to Quabbin Students
- YMCA Summer Lunch Program Gets Boost from Walmart
- YMCA Keeps Kids Safe in the Water
- Ocean House Gala for Ocean Community YMCA
- YMCA’s EX4ALL Program a Rousing Success in Central Mass
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts to Send Teens to Festival in Prague
- Patriot’s Wilfork to Visit The YMCA of Central Mass
- YMCA of MA Getting Children Ready for Safe Swimming Season
- YMCA of Central MA to Celebrate 150th Anniversary
- YMCA Hosting Spinathon in Central MA to Benefit LIVESTRONG Program
- ‘Evening of Inspiration’ To Benefit YMCA’s LIVESTRONG Program
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts Opens in Leominster - 5th Branch