slides: 15 Things You Must Eat or Drink in Central MA This Summer - No Excuses
Sunday, June 04, 2017
These are a combination of the known -- and the tastes to explore.
From breakfast through to late night treats and from refreshing drinks to those that require an Uber. Please enjoy, debate and feel free to offer suggestions. '
The great thing is we love to explore and then highlight Rhode Island's best to eat and drink, especially in summer.
See the 20 Things You Must Eat and Drink in Central MA This Summer
Related Slideshow: 15 Things You Must Eat or Drink in Central MA This Summer - No Excuses
Frozen Yogurt and summert ime almost go hand in hand and the place to go is Wooberry.
WooBerry is locally owned and is the home to 19 delicious flavors of frozen yogurt. This place is the epitome of everything that is right in this world - delicious and low in calories.
WooBerry is one of the few actual places on this list where you can't go wrong with anything you get. Don't forget about the literally millions of toppings to choose from (not literally).
Nothing like following up donuts with some fresh lobster. But that's what we're doing.
The freshest seafood in arguably the best restuarant in the city, the Sole's lobster is the best lobster you can find in Worcester County. Maybe even in the whole state of Massachusetts.
Splurge for the New England Lobster Bake. You can't go wrong.
The Ivory Tusk
Served on toasted Italian bread, the Ivory Tusk is Flying Rhino's most famous sandwich. It's chicken cheese steak loaded with caramelized onions and American cheese.
Be ready to bring an appetite because the Tusk is filling...in a good way.
While your eating, be sure to grab a spot outside and enjoy the summer weather.
It's everyone's (our) dream come true - a bar filled with cupcakes and desserts and of course, there is never a bad time for any of that, even during the summer.
Everything at Sweet is made from scratch, including it's award-winning cupcakes.
Indulge yourself - it is well worth the trip.
Calamari Fritti e Ostriche
Calamari, a summer tradition, especially here in New England.
Cafe Expresso Trattoria's calamari fritti e ostrich is lightly breaded calamari and panko battered oysters served with bruschetta.
Combine that with the outdoor seating and you have it made.
So its Sushi that you want?
The highly acclaimed Baba Restaurant & Sushi Bar has been winning awards for more than seven years making it the place to go to fill your sushi craving.
If eating great Sushi isn’t enough to bring you in, maybe you’ll be interested in the weekly Sushi making classes.
Looking for some fish to chow down on? Oxhead Tavern is your place. Be sure to sit out on the deck while you do so. The view of Cedar Lake is unbeatable.
This historic Oxhead Tavern is a casual family restaurant and bar that serves everything from traditional Massachusetts scrod to thick steaks. The Oxhead Tavern serves lunch and dinner.
- Fast Food Capital of Every State
- See Which Foods Cause the Most Foodborne Illness
- 25 Allergy-Fighting Foods
- The Food Scene in Central Mass - April 30, 2016
- The Most Popular Food in Every State
- Sen. Gobi Named to Food Policy Council
- Women of Note to Host Concert Benefiting Stow Food Pantry
- 25 Heart-Healthy Foods
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- 30 Foods to Eat for Healthy Hair and Skin
- Congressman McGovern Praises Massachusetts for Efforts to Reduce Food Waste
- Road Runner Pizza Delivery Driver Robbed While Delivering Food to Worcester Apartment
- Worcester Students Deliver 60 Turkeys, 68 Food Baskets to St. Peter’s Food Pantry
- Worcester Public Library’s Food for Fines Program Lasts Entire Month of December
- Worcester Regional Food Hub Names Rogers Kitchen Operations Manager
- Worcester Regional Food Hub Announces $500,075 Grant, New Refrigerated Box Truck
- McGovern Blasts GOP Efforts to Cut Food Assistance to the Poor
- Stop & Shop to Donate 1,000 Turkeys to the Worcester Community Food Bank
- Mass Foodies to Host 4th Chef’s Best Dinner Series on July 12
- Original Story of Dracula, Food Truck Spooktacular to be Held at Worcester Memorial Auditorium
- 6th Annual Spring Garden Festival to Benefit Environment & Food Justic Programs