DON’T MISS: EAT! A Pop-Up Dining Fundraiser on April 26
Thursday, April 03, 2014
Event Producer Victoria Hall challenges the public to “put your money, where your mouth is,” at the benefit which offers entrees from top area restaurants including: The Boynton Restaurant, BT's Smokehouse, Volturno Pizza Napoletana, and Ceres. More restaurants are expected to be added in the coming weeks. EAT! also offers a dessert bar by Sweet Bakery, a silent auction, door prizes, live music, and a cash bar to guests. Individual tickets are $75 and groups of two or more are $50 each.
Pop ups are a phenomenon taking place all over the county in major cities like Boston , New York, and San Francisco, “So why not bring one to Worcester, “ says Victoria Hall, CEO and Event Producer of Las Mariposas Productions, “they’re a
For this event, Hall chose the site of the historic Osgood Bradley Car Company factory in Worcester, later purchased by the Pullman Company in 1930. Even more exciting, is that the plant which used to build trolley coaches for U.S., Canadian, and South American cities, is now being turned into a 14 acre, full-service independent studio campus called Mass Studios.
Individual tickets are $75 and groups of two or more are $50 each.
Related Slideshow: The Breweries of Central Massachusetts
3 Beards Brewing Co.
Featured Beers: Cow Puncher IPA, Lumberjack Black Lager
3 Beards Beer Company allows undiscovered artisan brews from around the world to be locally brewed and freshly distributed. They focus on talented individuals who have the desire--but not necessarily the means--to share their creations with beer enthusiasts.
Banner Beer Company
Featured Beers: Banner American Ale, Banner American Rye
Banner Beer Company specializes in brewing beers that are below 5% ABV (Alcohol by Volume). The Logic: People with a motivated lifestyle want to enjoy the flavor of beer at night and wake up with a clear head in the morning.
Featured Beers: Seven Hills Pale Ale, Be Hoppy I.P.A., Turtle Boy Blueberry Ale, Hopulence - American Double I.P.A.
Created by Worcester-native Ben Roesch in 2010, Wormtown Brewery claims to be the the first and only brewery to use only Massachusetts-grown ingredients in every beer-- leading to one of their slogans: A taste of Mass in every glass.
Wachusett Brewing Company
Featured Beers: Green Monsta IPA, Blueberry Ale, Wachusett Country Pale Ale
Founded in 1994 by three WPI graduates, Wachusett released their first beer,Wachusett Country Pale Ale, 20 years ago after spending nearly a year perfecting the recipe. The three founders, Kevin Buckler, Ned LaFortune, and Petter Quinn designed and built most of the company's original equipment.
3cross Brewing Company
Featured Beers: TBA
Billed as a allow of bikes and beer, Worcester's newest brewery and taproom, 3Cross received its brewery license in February and pouring permit in March. They plan to open a facility on Cambridge Street in Worcester in April.
Kretschmann Brewing Co.
Featured Beers: Webster's Lake Ale, Copper Pot Ale
Though inspired by the brewers' Bohemian heritage, Kretschmann Brewing Co. ues locally sourced ingredients in their 13 different craft beers. While Kretschmann beers are not widely distributed, they can be found at many Central Mass restaurants and at their bottle shop in Webster.
Gardner Ale House
Featured Beers: Chair City Pale, Nightcrawler Black IPA
Gardner Ale House, established in 2006, is a full-menu brewpub in Gardner that offers at least six distinctive, house made brews at all times--and continues to develop new recipes.
Bay State Brewing
Featured Beers: Tripel Trap, Velvet Revolution, Time Traveler
Three guys with over 70 years of brewing knowledge comined forces in 2012 to "make beer better." Available at dozens of locations throughout Massachusetts, their newest brew, Tripel Tap, was featured at the 2014 Boston Beer Summit.
Jack’s Abby Brewing Co.
Featured Beers: Mass Rising, Hoponius Union, the ABCs
Founded by the three brothers, Jack, Eric, and Sam Hendler in 2011, Jack's Abby won several awards from RateBeer in 2014: Best Brewer in Massachusetts, Pale Lager (Gold), Bock, Strong Lager (Gold and Silver), Dark Lager (Silver). They also won several more awards in previous years.
Pioneer Brewing Co.
Featured Beers: Manifest Destiny Series (Into the Woods, Path of the Unknown, The New Frontier)
Founded in 2004, Pioneer Brewing Company is a tenant brewery of Rapscallion Brewery's Fiksdale location. Their signature brews, the Manifest Destiny Series, feature three beers of 9% ABV or more, are available at multiple locations in Central Mass, and now Boston.
- Worcester Restaurant Inspections: How the Fast Food Chains Scored
- Cronut Craze: NYC’s Hottest Food Invented in Worcester?
- New England’s 19 Best Colleges for Food
- Worcester’s Chief Foodie Scott Erb
- 10 Great Foodie Getaways in Massachusetts
- Experts Weigh in on Restaurant Inspections and Foodborne Illness
- New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- 13 Biggest Food Stories in Massachusetts in 2013
- Getting Out: Late Summer Seafood in Central Mass
- Newport Manners + Etiquette: Handling Children’s Food Allergies
- 3 Worcester Colleges Join EPA’s Program To Reduce Food Waste
- Getting Out: The Worcester Food Truck Festival Returns
- Paul Giorgio: Food Trucks Don’t Save Cities
- 7th Annual Slow Food Gala To Be Held at Holy Cross
- Grace Ross: Weird Weather: What Does It Mean For Food?
- Rob Horowitz: Food Stamps Are the Wrong Political Football
- Clark First School in Mass to Commit to ‘Real Food’ Purchasing
- Holiday Shopping Guide 2013: Great Gifts for Food Lovers
- The 25 Best Food Trucks In New England
- College Guide 2013: Best Dorm Delivery Food in Central MA
- In Case You Missed It: New England’s Best Food Towns
- WOO Out To Lunch: Music, Food + Fun
- College Guide 2013: Best Places for Asian Food
- LEGAL MATTERS: Think You Were Food Poisoned? Here’s What To Do
- Women Leading in Central MA: Worcester Food Bank’s Jean McMurray