slides: Getting Out: 10 Delicious Dessert Spots in Central Massachusetts
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Sweet, located on Shrewsbury Street in Worcester is a from-scratch bakery and dessert bar that has the hearts of every sweet tooth around. With that being said, this is not the place to go in a hurry! Everything is cut and made to order for each individual customer ensuring the freshest…and most delicious dessert experience around. The menu includes a special wine and craft beer to pair with every dessert; perfect to please even the most selective of palates. Insider tip: Their Key Lime White Chocolate Cheesecake paired with a Rock Art is to die for.
305 Shrewsbury Street, Worcester
Can’t agree on where to head for dessert? Froyo is always the perfect answer. When you’re in Worcester, Berry Fusion is the place to go. Choose whatever flavor you want, whatever toppings you want, and how much you want. Berry Fusion is self serve, so the choices are endless. Even better, their yogurt is hand mixed every day throughout the day to ensure that you get the best tasting yogurt around. With two locations and a sweet student discount for all the college kids, it is convenient and delicious.
807 Pleasant Street (508) 753-3500, Worcester
649 West Boylston Street (508) 852-5377, Worcester
Citizen Wine Bar
Nothing rounds out a night on the town or a romantic evening better than chocolate and wine. The Citizen Wine Bar has this combo down to a science with its extensive wine and dessert menus. The best part? It’s won’t cost you a fortune! The Citizen Sampler-complete with fudge, chocolates, mousse, fruit and nuts is only fifteen dollars! Pair it with a glass of vino and your evening will be complete.
120 Commercial Street, Worcester
Hebert Candy Mansion
Any Central MA local recalls Hebert’s as a magic place of their childhood. The Easter Bunny and Santa Claus lived there; as did classic cars in the summertime. Well, Hebert’s Candy Mansion can live on long past the days of childhood thanks to their sinfully sweet confections. Chocolate, fudge, nuts and more will captivate sweet lovers’ hearts. Stop in and grab some to bring home or enjoy a hot fudge sundae at the mansion.
574 Hartford Turnpike, Shrewsbury
While Ceres is probably better known for their entrees, their delicious dessert selection certainly holds its own. From their sticky toffee pudding to their rich, decadent dark chocolate pâté, no tongue will go unsatisfied. If a more alcoholic dessert is what you have in mind, be sure to order up a Charlie’s Dessert.
363 Plantation Street, Worcester
Even though summer is coming to a close, it is not too late to get your last scoop of ice cream at Rota Spring Farm in Sterling! This place is too good to miss—all of the ice cream is homemade and the shop is located right on a third generation family farm. The flavor of the month for September is pumpkin, so head down and grab a cup…or a cone!
117 Chace Hill Road, Sterling
Did someone say sundae bar? For just $8, make your dream sundae with all the fixings. If ice cream is not your thing, choose from a delightful menu of sweets, dessert-tinis and coffee. If a choco-tini and chocolate fudge cake or an array of fresh berries with rum crème doesn’t suit your fancy, I’m not sure what will!
234 Chandler Street, Worcester
Want a sweet martini? Maybe a specialty coffee paired with a sweet dessert? Look no farther than La Tazza in Leominster. Limoncello drizzled gelato, pecan bourbon pie and profiteroles all make an appearance on the menu, so no need to stress about impressing your date or your appetite!
40 Main Street, Leominster
Sweets & Java
Been a long week? Sweets & Java in Holden has your back. With a menu including coffee drinks, pastries, gelato and frozen yogurt galore, you cannot go wrong. Their menu is created from locally sourced bakeries, so patrons can embrace the local spirit in their early morning or dessert pick.
1207 Main Street, Holden
With fall settling in New England it is no better time to take advantage of local flavor. Brookfield Orchards in North Brookfield does just that. Brookfield Orchards is more than just an apple orchard; boasting a country store and a playground for the little ones. After a long day of yard work or a day at the office, head over and pick up a candied apple or some kettle corn for the perfect mix of salty and sweet.
12 Lincoln Road, North Brookfield
- GETTING OUT: Springtime Activities in Central Mass
- Getting Out: 5 Great Asian Restaurants in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: 5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day in Central Mass
- Getting Out: All-American Ways to Celebrate the Long Weekend
- Getting Out: Best Farmers’ Markets in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Best Hibachi Grill Spots in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Best Live Music Picks For the Weekend
- Getting Out: Best Places to Watch the Patriots This Weekend
- Getting Out: Best Sunset Spots In Central Mass
- Getting Out: Bird Watching in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Celebrating Father’s Day in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Cinco de Mayo Celebrations in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Family Outings Before The Kids Go Back To School
- Getting Out: Fun Runs + Walks in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Happy Hour in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Late Summer Seafood in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Outdoor Eating in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Spring Cocktails in Central Mass
- Getting Out: The Worcester Food Truck Festival Returns
- Getting Out: Where to Drink Craft Beer in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Where to Laugh in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Where to Play Mini-Golf in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Where to View the Stars in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Worcester Restaurant Week