slides: The Food Scene in Central Mass - April 30, 2016
Sunday, May 01, 2016
Have a taste of who's cooking, what's opening, and the new genres.
Taste, have a sip and share your thoughts any time.
Send us a note - on what is a great taste.
Related Slideshow: The Food Scene in Central Mass - April 30, 2016
Benefit Whiskey Tasting at Worcester Center for the Crafts
The Worcester Center for the Crafts are inviting the public to a Benefit Whiskey Tasting and preview of the Pottery Invitational on Friday, May 13 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Attendees will be able to tasted some of the best Whiskey courtesy of Austin Liquors while munching on delectable cheeses from Westfield Farms and chocolates from Stewarts Chocolates.
At the end of the night, attendees will be able to take home their own hand-blown whiskey tumbler.
Wright's Goes Mother's Day
Wright’s Farm Restaurant is another option to celebrate with all the special mothers this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8th. Wright’s famous family-style chicken dinners will be served from 11:30 am – 8:00 pm. Reservations are recommended for parties of all sizes.
Wright’s Farm, a Rhode Island classic which makes "homemade meal served family style" has been family owned and operated for 44 years. “We are so proud to celebrate 44 years and three generations of serving our local community,” said Frank Galleshaw III, owner.
Complete chicken dinners include unlimited platters of chicken and all side dishes for $12.75 per adult and $7.25 for children 10 and under; a steak dinner includes one 14 oz. sirloin steak and unlimited sides for $22.00.
Mother's Day Brunch at Oliver Wight Tavern at Old Sturbridge Village
Treat mom to an unforgettable Mother's Day Brunch at Oliver Wight Tavern at Old Sturbridge Village on Sunday May 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A sample of the menu includes eggs benedict, a waffle station, shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon and much more.
The price is $40 for adults, $36 for seniors, $14 for children ages 3-12 and FREE fro children under 3 .
111 Chop House For Mother's Day
Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, May 8 and 111 Chop House is now accepting reservations. Chop House will serve dinner from 12 noon to 9 p.m.
At 111 Chop House you can choose a traditional steak or a less traditional one like a sirloin encrusted in black pepper with a shallot brandy ream sauce or combination of duck and blackened shrimp.
Chop House also offers an award winning selection of wine. Their list has won the "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator every year since 2001.
Annual Farmers Gala Set for May 19
The Regional Environmental Council (REC) is inviting you to a spring celebration of local food, farms, and community at their annual Farmers Gala.
The Gala will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 19 at Tower Hill Botanic Garden. The night will feature a spring tasting menu provided by Pepper's Fine Catering with cheeses from local farms, beer tasting, a live auction and more.
The Gala is the REC's largest charity fundraising event of the year with all the proceeds supporting the work of the REC in community and school gardens, farmers markets, urban agriculture, youth development and employment, neighborhood cleanups, and the development of a regional food hub.
- Top 5 Backpacking Foods You Never Knew You Needed
- Leather Storrs: How TV Influences our Changing Food Culture
- A $15/Hour Wage for Fast Food Workers Could Impact 25,000 People in Central MA
- Worcester’s 5 Best Neighborhoods for Mexican Food
- Greatest New England Food and Sports Rivalries - and More
- Five Fertility Foods to Add to Your Diet
- Worcester Food Truck Festival to be Held at Elm Park on June 20
- Leather Storrs: The Undeniable Politics of Food
- Former Employee Accuses Worcester Vietnamese Restaurant of Re-Using Food
- Vietnamese Restaurant Accused of Re-Using Food Got 94 on Inspection in April
- Personal Tech For Women: 5 Things to Know About New, Smarter Food Label
- Worcester Woman Pleads Guilty to $3.6 Million in Food Stamp Fraud
- Food for Thought Film Fest Set to be Held at Fruitlands Museum
- Sen. Gobi Named to Food Policy Council
- The Most Popular Food in Every State
- See Which Foods Cause the Most Foodborne Illness
- Fast Food Capital of Every State
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- 25 Heart-Healthy Foods
- 15 Biggest Lifestyle, Music and Food Stories of 2015 in Central MA
- Food Trucks Coming To Worcester Today
- The Top 25 Cold-Fighting Foods
- Women of Note to Host Concert Benefiting Stow Food Pantry
- 25 Allergy-Fighting Foods