12 Biggest Healthcare Stories of 2012 in Central Mass
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Staying healthy is a top priority on nearly everyone's list. And with UMass Medical School, UMass Memorial Medical Center, St. Vincent Hospital and the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, not to mention Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare and Fallon Community Health Plan, all a stones throw from downtown Worcester, the healthcare industry is a huge part of what makes Central Mass tick.
From healthcare costs to quality of care to emerging health risks, GoLocalWorcester had your health news covered in 2012.
- GoLocalTV: Nurses Picket UMass Memorial
- NEW: Nurses Union Files Unfair Labor Charges Against UMass Memorial
- Nurses Picket UMass Memorial Over Staffing + Pension Cuts
- UMass Memorial Losing Millions for Readmission Penalties
- UMass Memorial and Nurses Union Clash Over “Dangerous Mismangement”
- NEW: Worcester Group Wants First Responders to Treat Heroin ODs
- Worcester Heroin Use Twice National Average
- Massachusetts’ Top 10 Killers
- Heroin ODs Up 47 Percent in Worcester