Fallon/OrNda Community Health Fund Awards $185K to Improve Access to Healthcare
Tuesday, June 05, 2018
The fund is set to award more than $185,000 to organizations who are working to improve access to Healthcare in Worcester.
The awardees are as follows:
- Boys & Girls Club of Worcester for YouthReach, a targeted youth outreach program which provides a mix of programs and services delivered to the organization's most vulnerable youth.
- Community Harvest Project, Inc. for its patient produce distributions, allowing for the distribution of fresh produce to organizations that operate health programs for food insecure individuals.
- Community Health Connections for improving access for patients with restricted mobility, with purchase of barrier-free exam tables for health center sites.
- Dismas House of Central Massachusetts for its clinical support services, in order to expand and maintain in-house clinical support services.
- Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center for support of Tacoma Street Dental Practice, in order to purchase dental equipment to expand practice and deliver higher level of service to low-income clients.
- Family Health Center of Worcester for its Healthcare for Homeless Families program, providing crisis intervention and stabilization services for homeless families.
- Genesis Club for its Outreach Program to Psychiatric Hospital Patients, a pilot project to engage with patients prior to release about organization's programs and services.
- Girls, Inc. of Worcester for promoting healthy lifestyles through a mix of programs to improve the health of vulnerable girls in Worcester.
- HOPE Coalition for its Mental Health Model, aiming to embed health counselors in youth-serving agency programs across Worcester.
- Pathways for Change for medical accompaniment, aiming to offer immediate counseling services for sexual assault victims who pursue medical services at area hospitals.
- Pernet Family Health Service for enhancing maternal and child well-being through home visits, providing in-home coaching and support visits for poor and socially-isolated pregnant women and young mothers.
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts for its sexual health education programming, offering peer-to-peer programs and bilingual parent sex education.
- Southeast Asian Coalition of Central Massachusetts for its Healthcare Access Program, aimed to support Southeast Asian immigrants and refugees navigate insurance and healthcare systems.
- The CASA Project for its Mental Health Services for Vulnerable Children Collaboration, a collaborative effort to address systemic barriers serving the mental health needs of children in foster care.
- Worcester Youth Center Inc. for health and wellness programming expansion, with focus on nutrition, exercise, and peer-to-peer health education.
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts for SPLASH: Swim & Play, Aquatic Safety & Health, a learn to swim water safety program for economically disadvantaged and minority youth in Worcester.
- Comedian Paula Poundstone to Perform at Harrington HealthCare’s Fundraiser
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Bikes, Bush, and Merger Mega-Healthcare Collapse
- MA Ranked 2nd Best State in U.S. for Children’s Healthcare
- McGovern Calls GOP Healthcare Bill Process a “Goddamn Mess”
- Horowitz: New CBO Score Deals Mortal Blow to House Healthcare Bill
- Reliant Medical Group Named One of Top Places to Work in US Healthcare
- Smart Benefits: Millennials Still find Healthcare Unaffordable
- Healthcare, Homecare Workers Team to Call For $15/Hour Wage
- Arvizu: Integrating Doulas Adds Value to Healthcare
- McGovern Blasts House GOP Bill Taking Healthcare Away From 22 Million Americans
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Awards 18 MA Nonprofits With Grants
- Harrington HealthCare Names Calcidise VP of Nursing & Ancillary Operations
- Sen. Warren Calls Republican Healthcare Bill a “Monstrosity”
- Horowitz: Trump Makes Wrong Choice on Healthcare Again
- Harrington HealthCare to Recognize Elise Wilson, & Emergency Responders
- MA Delegation Fowards Letter to Trump Explaining Impact of Healthcare Decision
- UMass Memorial Named to Becker’s Healthcare Top 100 Hospitals
- Bay Path University Launches Healthcare Management Master’s Program
- Harrington HealthCare System to Hold Hands-Only CPR Training at The Big E
- MA Ranked 9th Best State in U.S. for Healthcare
- Fecteau: Healthcare Bill from Hell
- Harrington HealthCare’s Gorman Receives Outstanding Volunteer Award
- Warren Calls New Republican Healthcare Bill “Worst One Yet”
- Fecteau: The Dumb & Dumber Approach to Healthcare
- Harrington HealthCare System to Open New Office in Connecticut