Florida Non-Profit to Donate Over 100 Toys & Games to UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center
Friday, July 07, 2017
The toys and games will be donated on Tuesday, July 11 at 11:30 a.m.
Smith Smiles has never donated outside of their state before, but found a connection with Tricia and Cesar Campero and their sons, Christian and Alex, of Northboro.
Christian, who was an oncology patient at the Children’s Medical Center for three years, wanted to give back.
Toys will be delivered by Alex and his mom Tricia.
Smith Smiles was created by three children bringing toys and smiles to hospitals to help other children who are healing. The Florida 501(c)3 organization brings hospitals what the extras they need to make the stay for children as comfortable as possible.
Central Mass Hospitals’ Grades for Safety
Just 50% of the Central Massachusetts hospitals scored a grade of A. The state average in the Commonwealth is just over 60%.
- UMass Memorial To Join Historic Cancer Prevention Study
- NEW: No Strike—UMass Memorial and Nurses Reach Agreement
- NEW: UMass Memorial Addresses 2013 $55M Operating Loss
- UMass Memorial Nurses Demand Action Over Deteriorating Patient Care
- UMass Memorial Nurses Outraged Over Lack of Response by CEO
- UMass Memorial Univ. Campus Nurses Strike Still Looming
- UMASS Memorial/Hahneman Nurses Settle, University Nurses Pending
- NEW: UMass Memorial Physician Honored by Massachusetts Medical Society
- UMass Memorial Nurses Prepared to Strike
- NEW: UMass Memorial Nurses Vote to Strike
- NEW: UMass Memorial Nurses to Hold One-Day Strike
- UMass Memorial Nurses Outraged Over Worsening Hospital Conditions
- UMass Memorial Left Off State Collaborative Ebola Treatment Plan
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital Expansion Approved
- UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital Announces New Prostate Cancer Detection Technology
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Named Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital
- City Councilor Rivera Calls for Council to Evaluate Impact of Bed Closures at UMass Memorial
- UMass Memorial Recognizes Volunteers in Observance of National Volunteer Week
- UMass Memorial Health Care Receives National Award for Pediatric Asthma Program
- Aldo Dunphe Found Guilty of Murdering Fellow UMass Memorial Patient
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Welcomes Newborn at 10:11, 12-13-14
- UMass Memorial Nurses Ratify One Year Contract, Get Pay Raise
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital to Add Community Room to Burbank Campus
- UMass Memorial to Veterans Claims Clinic
- MA Dept. of Public Health Rejects UMass Memorial’s Plan to Close 13 Psych Beds